Wind Shield Washer

Cryphix

I was wondering how i would fix my wind shield washer sprayer? It has not worked for a while now and i'm wondering if there is a way to test it or where the motor and everything even is?

IIRC it's sort of tucked into the fluid tank, not sure how the r50 system is configured. Follow the fluid tube from the squirt nozzles. :) If you find the plug for the pump, you can test with a tail light bulb or something to see if it's getting voltage. If it's getting power, but not turning, it might be salvageable. I pulled a seized pump out of my WD, pulled it apart, cleaned up the bushings, oiled it, and I've been using it since.

IIRC it's sort of tucked into the fluid tank, not sure how the r50 system is configured. Follow the fluid tube from the squirt nozzles. :) If you find the plug for the pump, you can test with a tail light bulb or something to see if it's getting voltage. If it's getting power, but not turning, it might be salvageable. I pulled a seized pump out of my WD, pulled it apart, cleaned up the bushings, oiled it, and I've been using it since.

I figured out where the pump is im just wondering how the hell i get the bumper off and stuff. Is there a good tutorial any where"?

I just got mine to work, I took the pump out of the truck, un screwed the bottom and inside was a rubber "flapper" on the center shaft, the shaft must have frozen, two turns with a pliers and it is working perfect again, put it back together and put a short length of hose on the input, stuck it in a bottle of water and running it using my power supply that little pump was pumping like crazy!!

Its easy, just remove the front right wheel, then inside the wheel well, take off the clips and screws holding the front wheel well wall, afterwards, you should have direct access to the pump and res.

As m0nkeyprince says, just remove the plastic guard inside the passenger side front fender. I just replaced the motor for my rear washer motor, there are two motors one for the front & one for the rear. They are both attached to the washer bottle, the one closest to the engine is the rear, the one closet to the outside of the fender is the front (obviously :laugh: ). The washer motor just pulls out. Make sure you connect the plastic pipes to the correct outlets on the pump as one is just a breather & if you connect that to the pump outlet you're just gonna pump water all over the inside of your wheel well :lol:

You can buy the pump at most autoparts stores for about $18, but these pumps don't have the breather so you have to cap it off.

Edited by theexbrit

you can also try blowing some low pressure air though the lines to make sure they are clear, wouldn't go to crazy with the pressure though

thats right, i blew 100 psi through the hose opening of the rear outlet, and the interior hose blew off from its connection inside the ceiling which i had to remove trim after trim piece to reach then reconnect