Ordered new tires!

E_ROCK

265/75/16 (32") Cooper Discoverer ATP for $95/ea at Discount Tire, plus a $100 mail in rebate.

I currently have stock 15" LE wheels but found a set of 2005 Tacoma 16" steel wheels on Craigslist for $50 for the set, which I'm picking up this weekend. I chose the Tacoma wheels for a few reasons: price, look and fit. Obviously they have the same 6x5.5 bolt pattern but just as important is the large center bore size to fit over the Warn hubs. I've been getting mixed info on the backspacing on these wheels. I read 5.5" down to 4.65". If the latter, I might not need wheel spacers to clear the struts but I'll test fit before I order spacers.

I looked at several other wheels including 18" six spoke Titan take-offs but didn't feel like machining the wheels (assuming my internet research was correct) or spending more than $95/tire for 32s.

Anyway, the tires will get mounted to the "new" wheels next week which will give me time to make my 1.25" HDPE strut spacers. I'll probably leave the rear suspension height alone unless I don't like the look once everything is mounted and then address as needed. I already put some Rancho 9000s in the rear (that I had on the Jeep a few years ago and have been collecting dust ever since).

Obligatory pictures below...

Cooper ATP tread:

t_20111101.copra6.ang.jpg

Tire info:

http://www.discountt...covereratp.html

Random wheel pic from a Google search:

$(KGrHqR,!qIE8WqlneeQBPGwn9u2og~~60_1.JPG?set_id=880000500F;

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND!!!

Looks like I'm not the only one who took advantage of the DTD $100 rebate! I got a set of 4 Yokohama Geolandar AT/S 255/65R/16 for $620 shipped to my door. I had to mail in the rebate; I tried the online submission but they said they couldn't validate the invoice. Lame.

I cant say for the new style apts but the older style is a very good trail tire. They seem to chunk a little more on rocks though but they last a long time on the pavement. Good buy right there.

Before pic:

7310104856_69e955267e_c.jpg

How the wheels looked when I got them home:

7292015304_849cc1d600_c.jpg

After sanding and a couple coats of Duplicolor wheel coating & clear (don't like the product after use):

7301774878_7b2a11b34f_c.jpg

Wheels and tires installed and everything clears (no spacers anywhere)(sorry for funky color...lightened up with phone app):

7310244410_acd4ed35c6_c.jpg

Strut clearance (no rubbing but I can't fit my finger between tire and spring cup):

7310090766_c90d4f23f4_c.jpg

The stock LE alloy wheels are 15x7 with 5.5" backspacing (I measured and confirmed)

The Tacoma steel wheels are 16x7 with 5.25" backspacing (I measured and confirmed)

Here is a chart showing the difference between the stock wheel/tire combo and the new wheel/tire combo:

http://www.rimsntire...0&text1=&text2=

Hmmm, I like the stock rims better. Those, I believe, are stock SE rims, by the way. Stock LE rims were these:

16449687_3.jpg

I guess the SE rims (with larger tires) came as an option on some LEs.

Tires look great though!

The wheels were different between 1996 and 1999: http://www.finishlin...SAN/PATHFINDER/

But yeah, I like the look of the Nissan wheels better too but I wanted the specific tires and they didn't come in a 15" size so I had to find a solution that worked. I might add some coil & strut spacers later but I don't think I'll need wheel spacers based on the initial test fit.

Regardless, I think I'm going to run the stock tires for a bit longer until they hit the wear bars and swap the new ones out then.

Thanks.

**EDIT**

I messed with the picture a little because the silver doesn't look right in the pictures...do these look any better?

7311333794_90b74551b3_c.jpg

7311332894_dc444873d2_c.jpg

Edited by E_ROCK

I hated my life this past saturday....I work at discount tire and let me tell you it was NON STOP all dang day. We had 43 cars on the list at one point waiting to get worked on. People started parking in the burger king parking lot lol