Think i may sell my pathy, heres why.......

BuckRyp

ok if anyone has read my posts before they will know i have been having a hard hard time getting my pathy to run.

Simple run down, oil leak on rear main seal. Dropped the trans and fixed it. After that it ran like crap so i replaced the MAF, TPS, Distributor, cleaned the intake and throttle body, ajusted the timeing and ran the test mode on the CPU. There is nothing that i can find that will fix my Pathy.

I will work on it tonigt and if i do not make any progress it will be for sale as is tomorrow. Or once i find the title.

no, i havent been able to find any ajustment for the tsp. and i would sell it for far more than zero $ as there is a big market down here for those kind of trucks that dont run. these ol far boys buy them for good money and have them running the next week.

no, i havent been able to find any ajustment for the tsp. and i would sell it for far more than zero $ as there is a big market down here for those kind of trucks that dont run. these ol far boys buy them for good money and have them running the next week.

Yes. That's obviously how the world works. They are going to pay you a "good" price when they have you over a barrel. Good luck man.

IMG_6917.jpg

What may couas the intake to get scortched like that?

IMG031.jpg

this is where i have to tps at now, how do i adjust it?

Do you have a proper gasket on the intake collar?

To adjust the TPS, you loosen those screws and turn the sensor the other way. There is a procedure in the FSM on doing this the right way.

Edited by Tungsten

Ok, thanks for the info. There was no gasket the first time i took it off and i know i did not put one on it. So no there is no gasket. As far as adjusting the tps i will look it up and see how to do that. Hope that makes a differance becouse i am just about done with this thing.

If there is no gasket then you will have a vacuum leak. Any air flowing past the MAF sensor will cause funny ECU operation and screw up your fuel maps. Get a gasket in there and you should notice the difference right away! :aok:

• Like 1

"Scorching" in the intake manifold usually means a backfire thru the intake, could be a burned intake valve which would also cause it to run like crap. If it runs but just runs rough I would start with the simple stuff (plugs, wires, etc) & work your way to the hard stuff if you can't find the problem. Personally, I would pull the heads, rebuild them, clean the intake manifold, etc & it should run like a dream. How's your fuel pump & filter? Check those also.

Have you run a compression test on the cylinders?

Edited by theexbrit