Titan Wheels on 90-95 Pathfinder

I've read a story on here before about it, and all I really know is that you have to have the centers milled out a bit to fit, but is there a specific year that fits for backspacing and whatnot? I like the idea of a bigger rim for the new project pathfinder, just need the info.

Thanks in advance

(i need to figure out how to use the search feature of this forum... it makes my head hurt!)

Here is a link that talks about Making Titan rims fit on a Hardbody / Pathfinder.

http://infamousnissan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11646

You will need to take the rims to a shop to have the center bore drilled bigger to fit.

Be warned there are a few downfalls to doing this.

1. Unless you plan to run on the street alot the stock titan offset is +35 and 5.5BS which is horrible for us and rubs like crazy on the inside.The guy who did it with his pathfinder needed 1.5 spacers to prevent rubbing.

2. Tire prices for the popular 18" rim that titan's used are up there for a decent a/t like the grabber there $214 each.

Titan rims are perfect for street driving on low profile rubber, but they would be horrible for off-road due to the backspacing/rubbing issues mentioned above. They would also look pretty stupid with 4wd hubs sticking out the side of them. Bottom line: They look clean and tuck nicely for 2wd, but for a 4wd they would be a costly eyesore.

Not the post i was referring too, but was full of useful info, thank you so much. the original post was on this forum somewhere that started out with an awesome roof rack mod then someone commented on the wheels.

I found it, but upon further inspection of the wheels, i didn't see a 4WD hub body up front, unless im missing it.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/21725-safari-roof-rack-install/page__p__381318__hl__%2Bsafari%20%2Brack?do=findComment&comment=381318

thanks for the reply's.

I'm just looking to go with a larger rim, but I have a set of 17" Titan off road wheels available super cheap, I cant justify paying for new rims and tires if i can get this project literally rolling for $150 :laugh:

You have to bore too much material out on the rim to make them to fit the 4x4 hub and is very unsafe to me. They would look good on a pathy but not safe.

You have to bore too much material out on the rim to make them to fit the 4x4 hub and is very unsafe to me. They would look good on a pathy but not safe.

Na, we do that stuff at work all the time. Still plenty of meat there when ya bore 'em for a Pathy.

Our factory alloy wheels are 10p offset (d21), so 35p would mean a 25mm spacer to get it spot on.

I have titans on my hardbody and bored them at work with a friend. I seen where a guy put some on his 4x4 hardbody and it looked like he took a lot more off to me.

When I bored Titans for my D21 I didn't take it all the way through. I took off just enough clear the bearing cap on the front hubs. I wasn't uncomfortable with it like that, but I wouldn't want to punch a 4" hole all the way through due to the shape of the casting.

Just a little note, sent the Titan wheels out for machining this morning. boring the centers to a total of 3.945 inches and also having the "hat" milled off the center of the wheel for a cleaner look once there mounted. I'll post some pics once they are milled and machined. then some after they are powder coated. Thanks for the heads up and warnings guys. I'm in love with this forum and all the info here.

So the Machine shop sent me a few photos to let me know they started on the wheels yesterday, and to show how much metal is around the stud holes. Gotta love the small machine shops that provide a level of service above and beyond.

wheelbore1-1.jpg

wheelbore2.jpg