Experiences Before Taking Bad Decisions

Chile

A couple of weeks ago I bought a WD21 Pathfinder 1993 VG30E.

The first to identify was high consumption, when the days the idle speed started to fall, and the most importantly: Stall when accelerate or reverse. In fact at times I had to press the accelerator or "prevent" on reverse / starts very gradually to avoid the stall.

Now: All of these problems plus poor mileage, lil engine rattling / clattering when accelerate and starting to drive, without force.........was horrible!

Note: All of these problems happens in cold or low speed / RPM. In fact for the long road trips and even when the motor is on temp I forget these problems, everything works.

The first step was clean the dirt throttle body............ Now "trusting" in honest mechanic, but I think that common sense will solving these problems. My idea is check component by component for example the distributor and idle screw was not well adjusted and the thermostat passed away......

Now we are measuring voltages, sensors, butterfly carburetor and try to conform to the specifications.

So Guys I need Help based on the related problems where I have to focus!!!................ reading some post, at the timing belt to be responsible. I don want to mislead!

Basically my Piggy Needs to regain the strength

I'm not cutting my veins. But asking about yours experiences for better handle situation!

Greets from Chile!

Andrés Miranda A

Edited by Chile

Start with checking out what the computer under the passenger seat tells you. There are a few posts here in how to figure out the codes. You can also search on YouTube there are videos there that show you step by step how to read the codes. Cheers

To me it has every sign a intakegasket failing, except that it cant be because it goes away when warm.

Now it the timing belt did jump a tooth it will cause this, th clattering could even be valves hitting the pistons ever so slightly.

But the first thing I would do is read the codes and check the fuel pressure regulator hose on the rear of the intake. Best of luck.

May be too simple, but my exhaust leak is almost unbearable when the engine is cold. Goes away on warm up. Could just be a leak at the manifold that seals itself once it warms up.