P1440 - EVAP small leak

albino

Alright so I am still getting the 1444 code and I believe it is becuase I have the names of the valves mixed up. The 1444 code, according to my Haynes manual, is 'EVAP canister purge volume control valve or circuit fault'.

Is this referring to the blue valve that is under the hood, up on top of the engine block connecting to the green service port?

For some reason I was thinking that this is the valve that is actually attached to the canister but now I see that is the canister vent control valve...

I did check the circuits for both valves and they are getting 12 volts with the ignition on.

Edited by albino

Quick update, I went to the junkyard and pulled a purge valve from a 98 altima. This valve is identical to the pathfinder valve in appearance (except its black not blue) and it also has the same part number to an extent (the second line is not quite the same).

I did notice that on rock auto the valves they were selling for both the altima and pathfinder had the same part number.

I went ahead and put the altima valve into my pathy and I am now waiting for the SES to clear....hopefully it will.

Does anyone know how I could tell if these valves are truely interchangeable?

I also picked up a purge valve from a 01 xterra while at the junkyard although the part number stamped on it is nothing like the one for the altima or pathy.