Ricer Sport Seats (Procar by: Scat)

The_Magicians_Eye

Has anyone bought these seats before? The shop next to my work sells them for $250 a set with the sliders. I told him I'd buy a set of the gray and black ones on Wednesday when I get paid. I know these are the bottom of the barrel as far as after market seats and many companies sell crap that look just like them. My question is how well do they hold up to wheelin with a fat guy sitting in them? Again anyone have any experience with them or seats just like them?

Sportsman_62.jpg

Scat seats are popular with the air cooled VW crowd. You might find a Baja Bug forum and ask there, some of those guys beat and jump their junk with no mercy so they ought to know how well they hold up to abuse. I'm putting Recaro LXs in my Pathy if my buddy ever finishes re-upholstering them in grey velour.

• 2 weeks later...

Installed the seats. It was a tight fit in the shoulder area by the seat belt area but they fit nicely. You have to move them over toward the center console and modify the seat brackets extensively as a result.

As far as comfort. Not bad for $250 seats. The lumbar area is a little more arched than I'd like but then again I'm sure this will break in with a little time. The seats are built for larger people like myself (6'1" 270lbs). My woman is very small so she looks like she's sitting in a baby seat lol.

Now I just have to work on making the rest of the interior match them.

So anyway here they are.

460705_10150772836343087_732603086_9563897_692557397_o.jpg

Yeah it's a bottom of the line Grant wheel and the F-ing horn stuck while I was honking at some stupid bitch holding up traffic. I had to tear it out lol. I'll be replacing it soon enough.

Edited by The_Magicians_Eye
  • Like 1

My woman is very small so she looks like she's sitting in a baby seat lol.

get a big tray to mount to the front of it so she can eat while you drive :lol:

look good though, I've thought of pulling my seats from my Eclipse and mounting them in my truck but the stock seats are broke in nice and comfy right now

• Like 1

get a big tray to mount to the front of it so she can eat while you drive :lol:

Hell yeah. Actually I think my fat ass needs one of those too lol. Won't have to worry about cup holders if I do.

Edited by The_Magicians_Eye