funny story about today...pathy recovery

unccpathfinder

Gf calls me...guy 2 doors down I guess got stuck and stopped by BC he saw the Pathfinders and asked for a recovery...well I was at work and she's never put her truck in 4x4 before...she couldn't find my strap so she grabbed some rope and some tie straps....

I folder her how to go to 4lo but we haven't trimmed the floor yet so it wouldn't go to low but I guess she was able to get him out...

Now for the rest of the story...she pulled out a Jetta hurried to the frame...as soon as I got home she has demanded that we go to gulches and take her truck wheeling...guy I guess wants to get me new rope and tie straps that they broke and a dinner...told him not to worry about it but now the guys at work think I'm a huge [red]neck BC my woman went and pulled someone out...sadly she didn't get pics...

She had also explained that she bent tie rods...come to find out she meant tie strap which was a relief BC bent tres aren't uncommon

Just thought it was a funny story worth sharing ...

Our son is only 13 months...last wheeling I've done was moab last may (he was only 3 months then and she stayed home with him)...my pathy has been "BROKEN" since moab...her pathy is her only mode of transportation so I don't want to go break it but we are planning on going to gulches on the 21st to watch some rock races and pop her trucks cherry...I have a feeling she's already got the bug from me but now with her wheeling will make 2 of us...this can't be good

Lol neck is a compliment...one of our project managers was making fun of us BC we pulled a replacement 12v battery out to replace the one I drilled thru and made leak everywhere...used alligator clips to a 12v cigarette lighter socket...to an accessory speaker teathered to my phone jamming to my randy Houser Pandora station while we worked...like my title says I'm and an engineer and imma redneck...I'm taking a vehicle that's nothing close to our new vehciels and have hacked,welded and tabbed parts up to make it happen...I plan to be done at 10 am tomorrow before they go beat on it at noon...

First time I drove my pathfinder in 6 ot 7 people approached me asking if that was my truck...I asked what color and chuckled...white and green is what everyone said...all that can bring said is I R one

Thankfully, my wife does not like to wheel on the trails (or camp for that matter). We get along too well and do EVERYTHING together. In fact, I blame my lack of landscaping on that fact! I guess that I'm glad I finally found a way to get my "space".