Arrgh Frustartion over back up light switch re&re.

keithb7

I am frustrated as heck trying to replace the back up light switch on my 1993 Pathfinder. I can't get a wrench or socket in there. No room! A 19mm deep socket is a perfect fit but no room to get the ratchet on, nor will a wobbly and an extension work. Too tight under there. Anyone done this? Does anyone out there have an original Nissan manual who can look this up for me? Is there a special tool shown in the manual for this job?

It is located in the front top part of the transmission housing, under the passenger side.

Once I get the old switch out, I'm not quite sure how I'm going to tighten the new one. The wires will be in the way of a socket getting on there.

:furious:

Keith

I tried a 19mm open end combination wrench. No luck, won't fit either. It's really a bad spot to get into. Hopefully someone has a Nissan manual. Maybe they can shed some light.

Thanks,

Keith

Do you have access to a set of Gear ratchets & sockets (Made by Gear Wrench).. These rackets are thin built and the socket is open at the end that goes thru the ratchet. It was design for those extra long bolts that a deepwell socket couldn't get.. Its a very hardy ratchet set, I haven't found a bolt yet that I couldn't get off with it. I have all most gave up on using my Slip & Kills Ratchet set I think a complete set of metric 4mm-19mmand standard 9/32-11/16 <can't remember the set size> runs about 50-60 dollars but worth the price. You might be able to get this ratchet in there...