Won't Shift into 4L

Xtreme2Pathfinder

Okay I tried putting the Pathy in 4L to get out of the muddy lane this weekend and it wouldn't go it 4L. The Pathy is a 5 spd and I had it in netrual and tried to shift it in and no go, I tried rocking it back and fore and no go, and I even tried to shift it while moving in 1st gear and still no go... Not only won't she go into 4L I couldn't get her to shift the transfer case into netrual! I climbed under her today and couldn't see anything wrong with the linkage or brackets. does anyone have any idea what the problem is or could be?

Were you pushing down on the shifter when you tried to get 4wl or neutral ? There is a lock out bracket so you cant easily shift to 4wl, keeping foolish people from spraying the innards of their transfer case all over the road...

Bernard

Yes, Mzxtreme,

I played too hard down on the farm. -alcohol- I should have ran the darn dog over.. just kidding, love that dog to death, that why I stopped and let him in (big mistake interior is dirty now).. I knew that I had to be stop to shift it down to 4L. Learned that in my service truck plowing snow 18 year ago.. lol but with those truck you had to push it over to the right and then down.. lol

You'll have to come down sometime and play in the mud with me if you don't mind not having the finer things in life like a indoor plumbing. :allclean:

Don't sweat it X2P ;) Thats the best 'fix' there is !! I wouldn't have known it if I hadn't seen the bracket when I pulled the tranny to do the clutch... Had to pull it to remove the 4x shifter, looked at it and said "WTF ? Oh, I get it..." :P Now I expect to see some really cool pics ! Sounds like you had fun down there on the farm, wish I had that kind of access....

Bernard