Brake problem

r3mDollz

Hey guys

After doing some searching on the forum i haven't able to find my answer unfortunately. Any help is really appreciated.

I seem to have a serious leak somewhere in my brake lines but i can't find it any where. In the past month i have gone through a full litre of brake fluid constantly topping them up. Im trying to avoid going straight to the mechanics

so i can learn bit more about my car and do it myself and to avoid getting ripped off if its just a simple fix. I have replaced the brake pads, and to the best of my ability looked over the brake lines and don't seem to find

any leaks. There is one thing that caught my attention and that was just under the brake cylinder is a whole lot of paint which has been removed. The only thing is that every time i have checked under there is has been dry yet I'm still loosing

fluid?!?

Any help or possible fixes would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Nick.

Sometimes you can have a pinhole leak in the flexible line that only leaks when pressure is applied. Is your carpet dry in your drivers side foot well? I have seen fluid leak down the master cylinder piston rod and drip inside the vehicle.

I will say, don't skimp on brake repair though. They are too important to take chances with!

B

• Like 1

When you put your foot on the brake pedal does it keep going towards the floor or does it feel spongy. You could try having someone press the pedal whilst you check around the lines, fittings etc. for leaks.

It's probably your master cylinder, mine does the same thing. Mine apparently leaks while just sitting. I hadn't driven it for a while and when I went to move it the other day it was empty. The booster shows a leak but never has fluid dripping off of it. I have a new master cylinder for disk brakes just need the time to swap the disk on.

James

Sometimes you can have a pinhole leak in the flexible line that only leaks when pressure is applied. Is your carpet dry in your drivers side foot well? I have seen fluid leak down the master cylinder piston rod and drip inside the vehicle.

I will say, don't skimp on brake repair though. They are too important to take chances with!

B

The carpet is dry, but i might have to get that one checked.

Its not so much skimping on repairs but more not getting the run around like my brother and a few of my mates. they say it might be this or this and charge heaps for to replace all the parts. If i had an idea of what went wrong I might be able to say it could be this, lets start here kinda thing. Help reduce the guessing game.

• Like 1

When you put your foot on the brake pedal does it keep going towards the floor or does it feel spongy. You could try having someone press the pedal whilst you check around the lines, fittings etc. for leaks.

it feels alright, that is until I'm out of fluid and its pressed hard to the floor hahaha. didn't think of that cheers, ill have to give it a look over tomorrow cheers!