losing water

Bruce

Where is the hose clamp around the upper radiator hose? It's strange that the sticker on your radiator cap is peeling off. Inspect the radiator cap according to this TSB, if it is faulty, replace it.

As far as I know, the only way to permanently stop the leaks in a plastic tank portion is to replace the radiator.

The clamp is there.

You can repair some types of plastic by using a chemical (Dichloromethane) that melts it. Later, it will harden and solidify. I would suggest NOT wasting time with epoxy or plastic steel.

Thanks to all replies.

My car runs about 3000km per year and last time I check water was half year ago.

This morning the tank was near empty maybe, added 1.5L water.

I will look for plastic repair chemicals, thanks again for all the help. :jig:

ahhhh....nope

just water I drink....will get any trouble from that?

What kind of water do you use? Do you mix coolant with it? I hope it's distilled water.

Probably. Normal water has minerals in it which can react with the coolant. I don't know about the drinking water in Taiwan, but here, it's so 'hard' that it makes crusty build-up on sink taps. Not something you want in your engine or your rad!

A full flush and new coolant/distilled water probably wouldn't save the radiator, but would be much better for the engine internals.

Hard mineral deposits can accumulate everywhere. They will probably clog and break the rad first before going into the engine but who knows. Luckily, engine coolant has mineral deposit inhibitors. You should do a full engine flush with proper coolant and replace the radiator when you can.

Shower_Head001-DFs.jpg

Just pull the lower rad hose to save time, and run a garden hose thru the cap opening/upper hose to flush the rad a bit.

I personally wouldnt waste time or money on a cooling system that is leaking though. That rad needs replacing and can be replaced for $100.

Use distilled water only, never tap water