I'm new here, with a 91 Pathfinder

Bill_B

I have been having problems with my power windows falling off the channels, I need some advice on how to fix them or how to prevent it. If anyone knows some information on this please reply.

Welcome! Only reasons I can think of as to how that is happening is the door is tweaked or the channels themselves are broken. Give it some time I'm sure someone with a WD21 will be able to shed more light on this. :shrug:

The trim panels are pretty easy to remove (hidden screw in the arm rest, pop out the switch panel if you've got power windows, pop off the little plate around the inside handle, then it's just held by snaps). With them off, you may be able to see what's busted. I've been into mine a few times, but just to do the speakers/power locks.

You need to remove the door panels and check where the glass is attached to the regulator, to remove the panel you need to first unscrew the door lock "knob" on top of the panel than pop the trim off from around the door handle using a flat screwdriver or similar tool, next if you have power windows use a small screwdriver to press in the clip on the front end of the power window switch and the switch should pop up on that end, lift the switch out and unplug it and set it aside, there should be a plastic plug inside the armrest pad on the door, remove the little plastic plug and than remove that screw, slide the armrest forward and remove it, than remove the 2 screws that are behind where the armrest was, (some trucks may have 3 screws here), once all the screws have been removed you can start to remove the door panel, you should use a door panel clip removal tool but if you don't have one you can use a flat screwdriver, insert the screwdriver between the door panel and the door and slide it one way or the other until you hit a clip, than use the screwdriver to pry the panel out, be careful as the clips are in cardboard and once the hole is tore the clip will have nothing to hold it in anymore. Once the door panel is away from the door you need to lift it straight up to remove it, you will have to pull the wire harness from the power window switch out of the panel from the back. Once the panel is removed you will normally find a sheet of plastic, pull that off as much as you can, watch out for the white stuff they use to hold the plastic on, it is very sticky and messy. I usually will fold the plastic over and stick it to itself to hold it out of the way.

This pic shows where the clips are:

2qvwpzq.jpg

This is what it looks like on the bottom of the glass:

zukrxh.jpg

make sure the glass is still glued into the plastic clips, if not the clips can be re-attached using urethane available in a caulking like tube from the auto parts store.

The window glass uses a track on the front and rear of the glass, sometimes the track on the rear which has a bracket spot welded to it can come apart, this will allow the track to move towards the rear and the glass will come out of the track. It can be repaired if this happens using a screw to hold the bracket to the track

Edited by ahardb0dy