4x4 Low Indicator Light

I have an '01 R50 with a manual transfer case (auto tranny). I have an indicator light for 4x4 High (just 4x4) but when I shift into 4x4 Low the dash doesn't light up an additional indicator like all of my previous Fords have. Did Nissan skimp on this or is my bulb just burned out?

If you engage the parking brake and set the ignition to "ON" the 4LO light should light up for one second according to the owner's manual. Check if it does.

Edited by Towncivilian

I think the 4LO indicator is only on the AWD systems, not the part-time 4WD systems (transfer shifter on the floor, as opposed to a console switch). I have a manual transmission with manual transfer, and I don't have the 4LO light (I never did, and I had this car since brand-new). I only have the 4WD icon and that's it. I can tell when I'm in 4LO by the position of the transfer lever.

If you read the manual carefully, they state the 4LO indicator is when the transfer SWITCH is in the LO position (not transfer lever).

I think the 4LO indicator is only on the AWD systems, not the part-time 4WD systems (transfer shifter on the floor, as opposed to a console switch). I have a manual transmission with manual transfer, and I don't have the 4LO light (I never did, and I had this car since brand-new). I only have the 4WD icon and that's it. I can tell when I'm in 4LO by the position of the transfer lever.

If you read the manual carefully, they state the 4LO indicator is when the transfer SWITCH is in the LO position (not transfer lever).

2001 LE (w/Auto Mode all wheel drive) "shifted" in to 4LO:

IMG_4368.JPG

Edited by Rick13

I don't think I have a 4lo light either. My Pathy is automatic with the floor shifter. I've run 4x4 a lot (and that indicator light works), but only tried 4lo once a fees years back so can't say for sure.

Interestingly enough my 4x4 indicator does not illuminate at startup (ignition "on" but not cranking yet).

I'm gonna guess only trucks with the dial switch will have a 4LO indicator. the WD21 does not have a special indicator for LO just a 4x4 dummy light when the transfer case shifter is in the 4HI or 4LO position.