check engine light P0507 trans range sensor?

4wheeling

I have a 1999.5 2000 Nissan pathfinder 4x4 automatic re4r01a

I have a check engine light on for a transmission range sensor or code P0507 has anyone else had this problem. Also my transmission re4r01a will down shift when I fully floor the gas pedal. I think it may have something to do with the neutral safety switch also I don't have any overdrive when i push the button on the shifter.

has anyone had this happen to them or know about it?

Edited by 4wheeling

The transmission is designed to downshift when you floor it.

P0507 doesn't exist. You must mean P0705 PARK/NEUTRAL POSITION SWITCH. There is a fairly lengthy diagnostic procedure starting on page AT-100 of the FSM. I believe this is the PNP switch if you need a replacement.

Edited by Towncivilian

wow i have the exact same problem. However my back up lights work just fine. NO overdrive i push the button and nothing. next question is dose anyone have a know good sensor they want to sell i can replace mine with?

I had a similar issue with the sensor. The truck wouldn't go into OD and the reverse lights didn't work. Replacing the switch solved the issue.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still having this problem. transmission shifts fine it just will NOT downshift if i floor the gas

I have replaced the pnp switch, Dose not seem to make any difference. it still kicks the light on for code P0705 :-(

I have found this in the fsm. what dose this sensor do? would it throw this same code p0705 if this went bad?

trans.png

yes, my throttle cabble / gas pedal has some play in it. May as much as 4-5mm how would this cause that code?

Which sensor are you referring to, revolution sensor? That one would throw a P0720.

Is there a lot of slack in your accelerator pedal? Adjust it following the instructions on FE-3.

It won't cause the code, but it might have something to do with why your trans doesn't downshift with the accelerator floored. Adjust it following the instructions on page FE-3 of the FSM. You'll need a 14mm wrench.