correction who here is in british columbia

smoke

I have an opportunity to move up there and stay with some family and get work since I'm dual citizen USA/CANADA... so who on here is up around those parts?? If I do decide to go I will be driving up from North Carolina...

Edited by smoke

If I do decide to go I will be driving up from North Carolina...

Dude....

I've been to Banff a few times and I can tell you one a few things.

1. You'd be absolutely crazy to not go and take that opportunity.

2. You're coming from North Carolina.... Banff is a Ski Village Party fest. It's almost like living in Whistler. Again, you'd be crazy to not take that opportunity.

3. You are literally 4 Hours 5 Minutes from Jasper, another Village Ski Resort, and to get there you take the Ice field Parkway which is probably the Most amazing 289km in all of Canada. Link

4. You are 50 Minutes from Lake Louise. Link And Ever see the Movie the Shining with jack Nicholas? The mansion is there.

fairmont_chateau_lake_louise.jpg

At any rate. Did I mention you'd be Nuts to not take that opportunity?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Dude:

I live west of Banff in the Rocky Mountains.

If you have the opportunity you have to jump on it.

one warning however, you may never leave.

just keep in mind it gets a touch cool here in the winter.

I have about a meter of snow behind my cabin.

Well here is a little update.....going to be staying in Canal Flats BC with my cousin. I still dont know where I will be crossing the boarder at and if I will go through Calgary or not. But like you siad I may like it so much I may never go state side again...thats ok I have dual citizenship USA/CA.

I don't live over in the rocky mountains but I do live in BC on Vancouver Island and we have plenty of mountains here as well!! I would say jump on it man. You probably won't leave...

It's the most amazing place to live that you could imagine... No joke!! It's the most beautiful place in the world to me. Some of the things I have seen in the scenery here are just plain surreal! Enjoy it!!! The people are friendly, it's comfortable. We like to party too. :)

p.s. TONS of great wheeling EVERYWHERE lol

Edited by Nefarious