Torque! or broken...

WOT

Thought Id show a video of how much torque my VQ has...

Uploaded with <a target='_blank' href='http://imageshack.us'>ImageShack.us</a>

So ya, I beat on my car pretty good from stop lights, but I didnt think my engine mounts would cry like this!! I have noticed a clunk in the last few month from the front of the car when letting off the gas from WOT, but never thought THIS was going on under the hood

I had just painted my engine cover and noticed a good blemish on the top and noticed that it had rubbed up against my hood in the few days it was installed so I made this video

Motor mounts dont look to expensive as a part, but @!*% if I can see any of the bolts to change the part.

Anyone swapped a mount on a 2wd before??

Edited by WOT

ok. Now I can see it. Yeah, that's definitely a broken motor mount. That's a lot of movement!

I've never replaced a motor mount on a 2wd vehicle, or replaced a motor mount at all for that matter, but it should be easier on 2wd. You don't have a front differential or any of those related parts in the front to get in your way and make everything fun and stupidly hard.

Ya its snowing here so I havent had a chance to really get under and check it out to really see where the bolts are or how to even go about getting this out. Hopefully I can take the mount out without anything else having to come with it to gain access

Im gonna hit up Napa and Carquest on my lunch to see how much the mount will run me and if you can buy them individually

Im just glad I noticed this before the damn engine ripped all the mounts

Pretty spendy mount locally, lowest I found was $150. They say it is hydraulic and thats why it is so much, why in the crap would there be anything to do with hydraulics in the motor mount??

It probably has fluid in it to smooth out the vibrations of the motor, your Q is a luxury vehicle. You could probably use a mount for the same year pathfinder with the same engine. Do be careful till you change it. I ignored the mounts in a dodge company vehicle once. I stepped on it once to many and the other mount finally let go and the motor turned sideways by about 3 inches. Was a lot of fun to fix on the side of the interstate at 9pm with nothing to lift the motor but the factory jack.

James

I've seen them online for $50-100 at various places, but we need to find out a) how much the dealer charges and b ) what are the good online parts sources for Pathfinder/QX4 in Canada?

Edited by mack101

Dealer wanted $280 for the drivers mount

Best place to order OEM and get it shipped to canada is courtesyparts.com so far Ive found

they seem to sell a "solid option" and a "oem hydraulic"

Only a few dollars difference in price...

You think by solid they mean SOLID rigid mount??

EDIT: looks like a damn good site, since I dont wanna make another thread. I also need new balljoints, but I was hoping to get a GOOD quality one that had a grease zerk, which I thought the MOOG brand for our rigs had. But in Rockautos pics I dont see a zerk...

Could it just be the wrong part pictured?? Id like to pick up balljoints aswell with this order

THanks guys

Edited by WOT

• 4 weeks later...

Definitely broken, crazy how it tore apart

OEM out pretty easily actually and sitting on the floor

p1010904g.jpg

but it wasnt one piece anymore..

p1010906q.jpg

Hope the rockauto factory replacement holds up

Edited by WOT