What to do with my Pathfinder

pathfounder

I need to have my Pathfinder exit my life in the next 1-2 months. I'd like to weigh the options here with people that own them and know what they're worth.

The vehicle is in good running shape overall. It goes faster when you press on the gas, slower when you press on the brakes, etc. There is barely anything wrong with it, other than a couple things:

• One of the rocker panels is gone. Gone.
  • The front fenders are in bad shape (rust).
  • The front left UBJ is clunking a bit and may need replaced.
  • It is an emission test failure by a wide margin (2x limits @ 40km/h).

The e-test fail is really going to hurt me when it comes time to sell it. It's not really worth it for a buyer to take their chances as it likely needs new cats, and those cost an absolute fortune. Mileage is also bad these days, despite a couple new o2 sensors and MAF. In Ontario, conditional e-test passes do not carry over to the next owner, for their protection. As bad as that is for me, I understand it and even agree with it.

The way I see it, I could do one of the following:

• Part it out in my driveway and risk having it towed by my land lord
  • Try to source new or used cats and attempt to find the root cause of why they failed.
  • Sell it as-is and hope someone wants it and is willing to do what it takes to get it to pass.

Keeping it is not an option unfortunately.

A few more details:

-4WD auto, 285 km / 178 miles.

-31" tires with lots of tread

-LSD

I appreciate any thoughts on this. I figure it's a $1500-$1800 truck sold with an e-test pass and no safety.

Put it up for auction and see if you can get a decent price otherwise retract the item. I wouldn't part a car if i didn't own the land it stayed on things can get messy

There are 2 r50s (both vg33) in the kenny u pull junkyard on bentley (off merivale). They were complete when I was there last week. I also know someone that works at the oil changers who won't do the 40kmh test if its a 4x4, if it passes the idle test this may work for you. Also have you checked your timing?

If you have to part it out the place I'm storing my parts truck at (soon to be gone) is cheap.

If the rust in the fenders affect the strut tower/wheel well area, then take it to Nissan. They just might buy it back from you under the recall.

Edited by Howie

If the rust in the fenders affect the strut tower/wheel well area, then take it to Nissan. They just might buy it back from you under the recall.

Already repaired by Nissan a month ago unfortunately.