SFD... Question about front end alignment.

snow4me

Hey guys,

I had been planning for some time to go with the AC lift kit on my 2001 Pathy. Lately I have been reading and looking at pictures on here and I think I have decided to do the Krypton Fabs SFD.

My plan is to source the AC front springs from 4x4parts and then do the SFD using the recommended Jeep WJ rear coils. I haven't decided on which to use, the 3" or 4" lift version yet.

My question is, a lot of the SFD threads I have seen on here show a major alignment issue when this is first completed. How do you fix this??? I'm also concerned about the vibration issues I have read about.

Can anyone help to answer these questions? I have done lots of reading but haven't come across any good hard answers. Thanks!

Edited by snow4me

Hey guys,

I had been planning for some time to go with the AC lift kit on my 2001 Pathy. Lately I have been reading and looking at pictures on here and I think I have decided to do the Krypton Fabs SFD.

My plan is to source the AC front springs from 4x4parts and then do the SFD using the recommended Jeep WJ rear coils. I haven't decided on which to use, the 3" or 4" lift version yet.

My question is, a lot of the SFD threads I have seen on here show a major alignment issue when this is first completed. How do you fix this??? I'm also concerned about the vibration issues I have read about.

Can anyone help to answer these questions? I have done lots of reading but haven't come across any good hard answers. Thanks!

Hi,

4" SFD kit by krfabs implies no problem with alignment..It maintain the geometry of the suspension. 4" sfd + 2"springs put your whells like that \ / (front view)and you should correct it, for example, usign camber bolts. I would use the longer wj coil... I think that is best to have more to cut than to find that the coil is short...

Rgds

Edited by ramdala

I would use the longer wj coil... I find that is best to have more to cut than to find that the coil is short...

Ditto on that...now that I'm on my second (and taller) rear coils springs. I was able to fine tune them with cuts and now I'm sitting fine (just enough rake and no drive-line vibration). Unless the WJ coil adapter is manufactured different than mine, I'm guessing that a 3" spring would be too short out back with a 2" coil plus the 3 or 4" SFD up front.

I could have adjusted my camber bolts better after install (I needed a pair of camber bolts on one side), but I was taking it in for a professional alignment any ways. My theory on the KR Fabs SFD strut tower spacers is that my mechanic failed to rebuild my strut correctly...not his fabrication. Just thought I'd through that out there.

According to the Krypton Fabs website, the 3" wj coil gives you about 4" and the 4" coil gives you about 5.5". I have followed all of your guys builds and am very impressed. Probably should go with the taller ones like you say and trim them down.

As far as the alignment, I was under the impression that a simple alignment wouldn't straighten the front end out. Good to know.

Thanks!