sputter

new2rice

i have a 95 pathy 3.0... it gets stuck in high idle.... seem like it has a slight miss when u rev it and has abit of black smoke ??? no engine light... plugs wires and cap arent old. this was my friend truck he got the injectors replaced recently to it has really low mileage 98000kms roughly... maybe o2 sensor?

i have a 95 pathy 3.0... it gets stuck in high idle.... seem like it has a slight miss when u rev it and has abit of black smoke ??? no engine light... plugs wires and cap arent old. this was my friend truck he got the injectors replaced recently to it has really low mileage 98000kms roughly... maybe o2 sensor?

First of all, I love your name. Tasteful.

Second of all, 98,000km?!!? wow. That's like 43k miles or something. That IS really low.

Hmm. Your problem sounds like it might be air flow related. I think you already think this which is why you're leaning towards the O2 sensor. How about this; go check your MAF.

It's that thing on the airbox with the wire coming out. Just take it off, inspect it, and maybe give it a gentle cleaning. Check this out

Edited by 1994SEV6

Check the plugs for your MAF and Throttle Position Sensor. Seems like the MAF plugs/wires go bad more than the MAF sensors do. Also check the vacuum lines, if they're disconnected/split/dry rotted it'll run badly.

There's a computer under your driver's seat, and you can pull the codes from it without a code reader. There's a writeup. The pics are gone but the info's still good. Print it out and take it to the truck with you, it'll help loads.

And don't let the rice boil over. :stickwack:

Black smoke is unburnt fuel. The high idle may very well be the fuel pressure regualtor hose on the rear of the intake.

The miss under load is the MAF, I really dought its anything else then this. Theres a write up on how to clean it in the garage section (or maybe this section?) Does it seem like it rev's slower then it should? My MAF was going out and it spewed white smoke (not anti freeze) and it would take like 5 minutes of WOT to reach 4500rpm.

Best of luck with your new truck.