Lifting the Rear

rwd5021

I've seen similar results when kids heat the springs on Hondas to lower the ride height. Not very safe!

I don't think "kids" is the right word here, especially dealing with Hondas, but this is correct.

A spring isn't just a piece of metal. It has very special characteristics, making it a spring.

If you heat and warp and spring, it is no longer a spring. It is now just a coiled piece of metal with no purpose.

I just wanted to clarify that since your coils do look pretty bad. You should get those fixed. I read the whole thread and it went from you asking if it was OK to drive around with 2" lifted in the rear, with stock in the front; to bushings; to your sabotaged rear suspension; to your panhard bar.

I think what you really want to know is if you can put the lifted springs in and be ok. I don't know if you have gotten this resolved, but looking at your current situation, I don't think it could do much more damage. I don't know if R50s have torsion bars, but if they do, then just crank them up for now. Put the 2" lift springs in the back, and crank up your torsion bars if you're worried about it. I'm not saying it's a permanent solution, but it would work for the 2 weeks or however long it would take to get the rest of the lift set.

... I don't know if R50s have torsion bars, but if they do, then just crank them up for now. Put the 2" lift springs in the back, and crank up your torsion bars if you're worried about it. I'm not saying it's a permanent solution, but it would work for the 2 weeks or however long it would take to get the rest of the lift set.

R50's have struts in the front. We are wanna' be trucks, hence "caR50". Great advice on going with the rear suspension lift. It may look a little goofy but, it has to be way safer than the molested rear suspension that is on the rig right now.

I read the whole thread and it went from you asking if it was OK to drive around with 2" lifted in the rear, with stock in the front; to bushings; to your sabotaged rear suspension; to your panhard bar. I think what you really want to know is if you can put the lifted springs in and be ok.

That's exactly what I needed answered. It was meant to be a pretty simple question, but a couple other details got thrown into the conversation. I had already planned on replacing the panhard rod and bushings all around anyways, and now I will get the rear lift springs as well. Bit then I also had an idea today that when I go to the jy tomorrow to find a panhard rod I should just check the springs on that r50 and get those too if they're good, to save some more money for now :) I am pretty cheap, so I liked that idea a lot haha.

ahhh THAT makes sense. I always wondered why some people called them "caR50s". I get it now.

What's funny too is that just about everything that is "wrong" with these trucks has to do with having struts up front (rot recall, hard to lift them, steering rack slipping, some other stuff I'm forgetting no doubt).

What's funny too is that just about everything that is "wrong" with these trucks has to do with having struts up front (rot recall, hard to lift them, steering rack slipping, some other stuff I'm forgetting no doubt).

yeah, I noticed that actually. Too bad too. They don't look terrible, besides the struts, I'm sure they're really good. They would make a nice vehicle, but it seems like the strut issues are overwhelming.

One single decision like that (not really because it was a continuing decision) can really hurt Nissan for a long time.