Help... Put in JGC springs, now rear uneven.

Nefarious

Just to Clarify, I suggested Panhard Bar because when you lift the rear end, and the Panhard bar is no longer level, you usually have a harder time lining it back up without exerting some force to line it up, (ie raising the axle to the body, compressing the suspension) Once its back on and sitting unlevel, there is some force at work here since the suspension is working against the only link that is keeping it compressed. the link on the body side if removed, would relieve some of that pressure. Yes the Panhard will effect this slightly if it is not set up to its proper geometry.

Edited by Dowser

i cut my panhard bar then jacked the truck up to what i (thought) was right then,welded a sleeve around the ph bar....i still lean to the right and my bar is at a near 45 degree angle its ugly!!!!

Edited by itsme1738

okay everyone here is saying that they lean to the RIGHT. that the side that is lower is on the passenger side and the side that is higher is on the driver side... on my truck it is the opposite. it is leaning to the LEFT not the right... everyone keeps saying the truck will lean to the RIGHT if its the panhard keeping me up... ?

It's easy enough to test. Undo the Panhard Mount on the Body side, and loosen the axle side so it wont be under a ton of stress when you try to lower it out. Jounce the vehicle to settle everything then remeasure. Might take you 30 minutes to an hour. If its not that, then no harm done right? Just tryind process of elimination. Thats a hell of a lot cheaper then buying new springs, and less time consuming then trying to adjust the ones in there right now.

Okay I see your point. Well I have a few hours of free time tomorrow so I will try out what you say. I would like to get this resolved at least before the snow that is suppose to be coming here soon. i sure wont be crawling under my rig then!