Hello from the south

shift_love

Whats up guys, I'm obviously new to this forum since this is going to be my first post. Ive been lurking and reading for awhile and I'm definitely not new to the auto forum world, im an admin over here ---> www.frankensteingarage.com its pretty much a dfw drifting forum we have meets and stuff.

But anyways, ive owned a couple pathfinders and recently I traded in my d22 frontier for a mint 2001 black on black le pathy...i fell in love instantly, my old wd21 4x4 was my baby, but it just couldnt pull my car to the track as well as i needed. so i sold it to a friend in fear that i would eventually toast the tranny, cause it definitely didnt feel great when i was pulling a 2000lb trailer with another 3000lb worth of car, tools, and spare wheels on it, thats what i call exceeding the limit.

So now i have my dream vq r50, im in love with the vq, i daily my 350z in the summer, drive my trucks in the winter, and my 240sx has a blown vq in it, so the r50 has always been my wet dream.

current pathfinder status: completely stock except for the hitch

plans for it: ac 2" lift with nx4 1" spacers in the front to level it, safari rack for spare, and 32's all around...

so i can pull things better and have weekend off road fun with my buddies

but thats my introduction,

now for a question that i cant seem to find anywhere... im looking for the part numbers for the kyb front struts on the ac lift kit, i work for a nissan dealer and have accounts everywhere so im looking to save some money by buying the parts (other than the coils) on my own, so if any of yall know a part number list feel free to attach it somewhere

flame on lol :rolleyes:

808256dc.jpg

550c54df.jpg

51c62e59.jpg

front back side to side... lol

the 350z

c4b75953.jpg

rearz.png

my beloved s14

47ee8805.jpg

ad2373ca.jpg

00ab911b.jpg

064f4f32.jpg

hope yall like them! i have a vq in every car i own...it started with my z i fell in love with the motor, i blew up my sr in the s14 at a drift even and did a vq swap, ditched my vg wd21, got a d22 that overheated and had like 27x,xxx miles on it for $500, sold it to a dealer to get my r50 and i finally acheived my goal of getting one a lot cheaper than i needed to spend on one...either way hope yall enjoyed the pics, and if anyone out there knows shock/strut part numbers thatd be great

funny enough i just relooked through these pictures myself, my old wd21 is in the background of one of the pics of my s14, and the d22 (white cc) is in the background of a 350z pic lmao awesome :bounce:

WOW!!!! is all I can say.

Nice R50. Looking pretty good.

dat 350z. Omg. I love those. The older Zs are very attractive, but those newer ones...really good.

WHOAAAAAA on your S14. A VQ swap into a 240sx? That's unheard of. Supercharged much less!!!! What kind of power does that thing put out? I bet it's at least in the 400s. 500 easily if you're running a conservative amount of boost.

I have so much stuff I want to comment on. You definitely know what you're doing.

Kudos to you

Edited by 1994SEV6

Somehow, the ricey wing and carbon fiber hood make the S14 look less lame lol. Nice VQ swap though.

Wow. Don't know if I should feel good about that or offended. That car has had a life as a tandeminf drift car, 100+mph entry speeds into a drift...some extra downforce is required. I'm not being a ricer just saying, then the hood. The vents sit right on top of the Vq's intake manifold. The grille channels air above and around it. It dissipates heat a lot faster, and some extra space was required right there to clear the motor without cutting into the hood. That and the spoiler is origin, and the hood is dmax...so by no means are they cheap.

And then 1994sev6 Thanks for the compliments on it, I'm finishing up some bugs in it then I'll be getting it dynod, when that comes about I'll deffinatey post a sheet. I'm hoping for a mid to low 400whp number for sure. I'll be at 8psi. It's an anniversary engine so it can handle it supposedly. That's why vortech sets them up for that as opposed to the regular vq35de's that come with 6psi pulleys.

Back to pathfinder stuff. Got my kyb gr2's in today. Waiting on ac springs, nx4 spacers, and wheels still. I'm hoping to fit 265-75/r16's found a great deal on some cooper a/t tires. But since I'm unsure on the size I may rock some used ones til I make up my mind.

Edited by shift_love

Wasn't trying to offend. The wing and bonnet look ricey, but they look like they have purpose in this application. I don't have a lot of S14 love, but something about yours says it's more serious than 96% of the other S14s about. It looks almost pissed off. Didn't mean to imply I thought of you as a ricer. More that your functional choices dipped into the aesthetic, and had a positive effect on what your car looks like.

Anyway, lookin' good there, man. VQs in everything. If I had my way, I'd have VGs in everything. Guess I'm a bit older-fashioned. I love the VG in the Pathy, I love it in the Z31, and man do I love it in the Z32. Wish I had one in my S12. Hell, I'd put one in an S13. lol

No offense taken. I was just unsure of the attitude towards winged cars on a offroad forum lol. Just making sure y'all knew where the modifications came from/where intended for on that particular vehicle. And the vg's great and all. But parts are plentiful for the vq currently and they weigh less and I like being able to diagnose easily with consult 2.

No offense taken. I was just unsure of the attitude towards winged cars on a offroad forum lol. Just making sure y'all knew where the modifications came from/where intended for on that particular vehicle. And the vg's great and all. But parts are plentiful for the vq currently and they weigh less and I like being able to diagnose easily with consult 2.

Hey, I started out in S-chassis, believe me, I'm well-versed in wings lol

Yeah I know what you mean about the VQ. Plenty lighter, and OBD-II. Still, I've never run across a VG parts shortage. I'm glad Nissan used the exact same VG30E in everything. D21, WD21, Z31, Quest, S12 SE... And then the VG-DE in the Z32 lol. All the local yards have at least one complete VG, so I'm happy enough lol

Well, anyway, rock on the VQ love. It's a worthy successor to the VG, no doubt about that