New from New Mexico

rwd5021

Hello all, I have been lurking as a guest on here for about a year or so and finally decided to join. I've already learned a lot and very much appreciate the site. Right now, both my 1992 XE and my girlfriend's 1998 LE are still stock, but hopefully not for too much longer. Just wanted to introduce myself and say Thank You for all the great info.

Oh, I already have big plans for both haha. I'm always strapped for cash though, so it will probably take forever for me to get it all done, but here's the list for now. I think most stuff is in order of how bad I need/want them, more important things first.

92: replace timing belt and everything involved with that, replace ball joints, new clutch, new exhaust, 3" body lift from AC, 33's, hoohaa centerlink, rancho steering stabilizer kit, OME coil springs, rancho shocks, 4.9 gears from an xterra, and I'll probably have to do the extra gearbox mod when I've got more tools (and skills). Armor, bumpers, winches, lockers, lights, roof rack and t case gears are in the veeery distant future for both trucks, probably the same time I'm able to sas the r50. I'm also contemplating swapping the vg33e into the wd21 then fitting the 350 Chevy engine I have into the r50 if that's possible.

So far I have replaced the tre's (broke my hammer haha), changed the drivebelts and all fluids and filters, overfilled the tranny with redline mt90, removed the stock muffler, and moved the ecu to my glove box.

As for the woman's car50: timing belt also needs replaced, new tires and/or wheel spacers, change auto tranny filter and fluid, 2" AC suspension lift for now.. But when we get her another vehicle I want to sas using a Dana 44 (i think), keep the h233b in back, get 5.13/5.14 gears and run 35's. We were also rear ended and the back hatch doesn't open, sooo I get to chop the back/top off when that time comes!

On hers I've replaced the shocks and struts, replaced a window (i hate theives), changed the drive belts, filters and fluids, and replaced the brake calipers and pads.

I think that's about all I have planned for them... Now off to look at everyone's trucks to see if I can get some more ideas.

Edited by rwd5021

• 3 weeks later...

No pictures til I can use a computer(only my phone has internet right now), you'll just have to use your imagination for now: a beautiful white 92 xe with some red sort of pinstripe design down the sides, rape red interior, no tire carrier and a 98 le, silver with a bent in back hatch, no rear bumper, sunroof shut and sealed with silicone and annoying leather interior. Both are still pretty much stock so nothin special to look at anyways, just some scratches and a nice set of 31" Goodyear wrangler authority tires that get switched back and forth between the 2.

Phone surfing is no excuse for lack of pictures, photobucket has a free app that you can use and just copy/paste the img codes :aok:

You just have no imagination haha.. just jokin, thanks for the info tho, I'll try downloading that app on Monday when I can use the WiFi at work.