Hey from Bothell WA

fueledpassion109

hey, Had my 97 pathfinder for 2 years or so...I bought it for 800, with 2 salvaged titles, has a ton of bondo from the last owner, 200k, and still running like a champ!

so far I built a huge roof rack with 4 hid lights... I am process of building a tubular front and rear pumper , with hidden front winch. my next project is to correct the rearend wiggle on this r50's. I plan to build affordable Heim Joint solutions for people like me who own a truck for snowsports.

Ill also try to post write ups as I do some projects....

Hey Bud, welcome to NPORA!!

The fab work looks good, but yeah, I agree the Lexan doesn't look 'right'. What if you left the lights exposed to the front and put the Lexan shield behind them, protecting them from anything tossed in basket and still providing some cover for the same? :shrug:

B

I was think about taking another piece and wraping it around the edge to cover the whole front. I need to keep the cover up becuase I drove out to the pass for some snowboarding action... and there are alot of trucks throwing up rocks... hard to tell but the windshield is cracked from a semi.

Evans creek is good, but it is closed now. Elbe would also be nice!

The only bad thing about having a roof rack and lights, is that most of the trails around here have low hanging branches and trees, you're likely to lose them. nevertheless, I want a roof rack and lights!

that lexan has been hit with a baseball bat.... the batters arm was hurting afterwards :-)

I ran a little thin 1/8th" lexan on rubber bushings. the lights are very well protected, if they do take a hard hit they will fold down so I think im good.

the project total is about 300;

4 Hella lights

2 HID kits

6 rattle cans of truck liner (I totally effed this up. I should have just bought real spray on liner/gun)

8 10' EMT

6 bolts

12 nuts

24 washers

24 Bud light's (trying to keep cal count down)

My next one will be 1" DOM not EMT. just need to buy the die.I will also designed it to mount to the factor rack tracks.

once I finish up some of my projects I be more then happy to help you out building a rack... I got bender and welder.... bring tube, and a 24 pack.

Hmmm .. it seems the price of labor is the same over there as it is down here in the south. :beer: