Modified rear sway bar links after a SFD 6" lift.

Timmons

I know some of you guys have removed the rear sway bar after the lift but i decided just to modify the links in the rear for more stability on the road.

I cut the links in half, purchases a steel bar the same size and cut it to 6" inches. Inserted two sleeves and each side and welded the steel bar in between the halves.

Here it is.

Sway%20bar%20links.jpg

I took my front sway-bar off. I think my rear sway-bar is keeping my brake lines from tearing, so I'll leave it alone. Did you extend your brake lines in the back?

I removed the old brake lines in the front an rear and purchased extended steel braided brake lines. Works great. I also had to extend the breather hose connected to the rear diff. Maybe i should have welded on removable links for the rear sway bar, opps. I'm just removing the lower link when going out on the trails. Do you have an SFD?

I removed the old brake lines in the front an rear and purchased extended steel braided brake lines. Works great. I also had to extend the breather hose connected to the rear diff. Maybe i should have welded on removable links for the rear sway bar, opps. I'm just removing the lower link when going out on the trails. Do you have an SFD?

yea, i just bought one. It should be here thursday. I ran a 3" lift for a year without it. It eventually tore the cv boots, but they were dry rotted anyway.