Old member stopping in to say hi.

Earth1

I used to frequent NPORA several years ago. I couldn't log in with my original name Earth1 it's been so long... don't know the password or what email I used. Oh well :ohmy:

Since I was here last, I sold my Pathy and all my earthly possessions and went on a very extended backpacking trip in Latin America. I miss that truck for sure. It was the first time I really dove into mechanical work on my own; I learned a lot and gained a ton of confidence. Sometimes I wondered if I should have just driven it south and not sold it... it was a very capable overland expedition vehicle after all, but selling it funded a big part of my trip. My time down there was amazing and wouldn't have gone so long without the contribution selling the truck. Plus, the owner ended up here, but has since sold the truck. Maybe the most recent owner is on here, who knows?

I've been back here in the states for over a year now and still feel like I'm getting used to being back. 3 years for me in a very different culture really changed my view on a lot of things. I've been almost starting my life over, from a backpack full of clothes. I found work and got back at the good ol American dream.

Earlier this year I found a deal on a truck that I could not pass on. It's a 3rd generation 4Runner(01), but with a 1st generation(87) 4Runner body sitting on it. Pretty much one of a kind rig. Looks like an old-school 4Runner but with the entire platform of the 01. Picked it up for a steal. Not a Nissan, but a cool truck nonetheless... note my display "trader"- at least it's Japanese :whistle: . I have befriended an xterra owner and plan on getting together with the local Nissan group; we are all still friends on the trail, right? I'm planning a project of adapting a tire carrier from an r50, so over there I go to ask questions!

I feel it is just too taboo to put a photo here in the intros, so go find the pic in the off topic area if you're interested.

Thanks for the camaraderie! Good to see some familiar names are still here.

josh

Edited by trader

I seen you on yotatech... I already know what the downstairs-mixup truck looks like :lol: Plenty of non pathfinder owners still around here so welcome back :beer:

(and bug Pezzy about the reset stuff if you want, she needs something to do :aok: )

I used to frequent NPORA several years ago. I couldn't log in with my original name Earth1 it's been so long... don't know the password or what email I used. Oh well :ohmy:

Since I was here last, I sold my Pathy and all my earthly possessions and went on a very extended backpacking trip in Latin America. I miss that truck for sure. It was the first time I really dove into mechanical work on my own; I learned a lot and gained a ton of confidence. Sometimes I wondered if I should have just driven it south and not sold it... it was a very capable overland expedition vehicle after all, but selling it funded a big part of my trip. My time down there was amazing and wouldn't have gone so long without the contribution selling the truck. Plus, the owner ended up here, but has since sold the truck. Maybe the most recent owner is on here, who knows?

I've been back here in the states for over a year now and still feel like I'm getting used to being back. 3 years for me in a very different culture really changed my view on a lot of things. I've been almost starting my life over, from a backpack full of clothes. I found work and got back at the good ol American dream.

Earlier this year I found a deal on a truck that I could not pass on. It's a 3rd generation 4Runner(01), but with a 1st generation(87) 4Runner body sitting on it. Pretty much one of a kind rig. Looks like an old-school 4Runner but with the entire platform of the 01. Picked it up for a steal. Not a Nissan, but a cool truck nonetheless... note my display "trader"- at least it's Japanese :whistle: . I have befriended an xterra owner and plan on getting together with the local Nissan group; we are all still brothers on the trail, right? I'm planning a project of adapting a tire carrier from an r50, so over there I go to ask questions!

I feel it is just too taboo to put a photo here in the intros, so go find the pic in the off topic area if you're interested.

josh

Self-edited for insensitive comments...

Welcome Back Earth1, I recall you. I have to ask, do you mean Trader or Traitor?? :tongue:

It's all good. It sounds like you have had a life defining experience and a positive one to boot so proceed as you see fit and don't be a stranger. FYI there are a lot of NPORA members in Colorado (not to mention wheelers) so I'm sure you'll have plenty of trail companions...

B

Welcome Back Earth1, I recall you. I have to ask, do you mean Trader or Traitor?? :tongue:

It's all good. It sounds like you have had a life defining experience and a positive one to boot so proceed as you see fit and don't be a stranger. FYI there are a lot of NPORA members in Colorado (not to mention wheelers) so I'm sure you'll have plenty of trail companions...

B

Uh yeah...

Hopefully Pezzy can merge this name with my old account so I can still be me.

Thank you B! I will definitely keep my eyes over here and rally up some Nissans to wheel with.

Edited by trader

Hey man. Welcome back. Too bad about the Pathfinder. Congrats on the 4runner. I still see another Pathfinder in your future though as soon as that one falls apart. :new576: Been a long time since you've been around. Stick around this time.

Earlier this year I found a deal on a truck that I could not pass on. It's a 3rd generation 4Runner(01), but with a 1st generation(87) 4Runner body sitting on it. Pretty much one of a kind rig. Looks like an old-school 4Runner but with the entire platform of the 01. Picked it up for a steal. Not a Nissan, but a cool truck nonetheless... note my display "trader"- at least it's Japanese :whistle: . I have befriended an xterra owner and plan on getting together with the local Nissan group; we are all still friends on the trail, right? I'm planning a project of adapting a tire carrier from an r50, so over there I go to ask questions!

josh

wow. that's the coolest thing I've heard in a while. I wasn't sure people still did that, or ever did it for that matter. I only ever saw it in movies (Benjamin Button and others). But very cool. I always wondered what people would do if they left the country for a long time, but still had vehicles and possessions.

Sometimes starting over is the most fun part