Bushings of choice

Mr. Pickles

I'm getting ready to swap out some tired front end stuff, including sway bar bushings at the links and frame, and possibly ball joints, etc. The swaybar bushing in particular, as they're visibly cracked and tired, and I can physically move the bar at the frame mount on the driver's side a tad by hand. :blink: Has anybody tried the poly sets available from AC and other places? I've never done poly replacements, and am wondering if its going to stiffen things up too much vs. regular rubber ones, as I'm just looking to freshen things. I want to pick 1 type and then do them all the same way hopefully. Your thoughts?

AC sells Energy Suspension bushings. I'd go on over to a local offroad shop and have them look up the part numbers for ya from either Daystar Poly Products or Energy. You'd probably save a couple of bucks and only have to wait one or two days. My local offroad shop can get parts in one day usually.

Guest TI RENagade

I had Energy Suspension Urathane Bushings on my Honda Civic, and I have to say, they were phenominal! It tighten up the car (I did a complete master set) and made it feel about 5 years younger. If I could, I would sell these things. Really that good. I got a black set, because I was told if you used the coloured sets, they would squeak excessively. I don't know how true that was, but why chance it... The worst thing about the bushings was installing them. Lots of broken bolts and cussing in the garage. :( Otherwise if you have to change some, why not make it an upgrade? :aok: One of the few upgrades that worked the way it was advertised! :clap:

Mako resells Energy Suspension bushings too. I bought a UCA set from them a while ago. The dumbasses left me a NEGATIVE feedback after I left them a neutral cause they couldn't ship the dammn bushings to me within 15 days. They responded saying I never got them the vehicle info they needed to ship the bushings in the first place, which is a total lie. I paid for the bushings AND sent the info they needed the day after the auction ended, then had to send the info AGAIN cause they didn't answer some questions I asked, got some really short crappy email replies, emailed AGAIN cause they STILL didn't respond to my questions...and waited, and waited, and waited... I'm not buying from them again. Bastards.

Check it out: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...ame=STRK:ME:UFS

Good call on ordering from a local shop. I just ordered them from Central 4 Wheel Drive here in Kent, WA, for $25. With the holiday and apparently a slight back order, he said they'd be here by next Friday. Fine with me cause I wasn't going to put them on till after then anyways. One thing: he said it specified for a 24 millimeter swaybar for the Pathy, with no other listings. Does anybody know if there is a different one so I don't end up with the wrong thing? I doubt it, but figured I'd better ask.