3inch Pan Hard lowering bracket.

Well the first run is about to happen. Dowser came up with the idea, so he is going to receive one for free for testing and maybe a good install writeup. Waiting on some grade 8 bolts to show up for the kit.. A setup will be headed his way as soon as those appear for a generous beating.

Soon after you will see the availability posted on this thread. The first run (10) will be a group buy deal at $50 plus shipping. Thereafter they will be available on a "Grandpa X" Ebay store for $69. The later units will most likely sport a powder coating. Down the road my hopes are to honor group buys at a price break via the forum.

Edited by AK9849cy

Here is a good photo showing how the existing holes in the Nissan frame do not line up.

100_1754800x600.jpg

This problem was adjusted for by making the holes in the bracket that same layout. Then bevel washers were used to compensate for the misalignment.

100_1759800x600.jpg

The bottom of the mount is boxed in as much as possible. This bracket will be 2.5 inches closer to the ground when the wheel is stuffed thus making it more likely to be in harms way. Two ears hanging down for a bracket just wasn't of my liking.

100_1755800x600.jpg

Here is a quickie (non rehearsed) video I made to explain some of this stuff. Sorry, I tend to be more of a thinker than a talker when it comes to technical details.

:clickdalink:

Edited by AK9849cy

I can't take all the glory I'm afraid. its a topic that's been talked about numerous times over the years, I just went ahead and sent you a PM since your back in a Pathfinder Project. And for everyone out there, AK9849cy didn't mess around for a minute. No sooner did I send him a PM about the issue and linking the thread I had started a while back about paying someone with fab skills to make a bracket, he got back to me with 4 replies, the 1st one being 7 and 1/2 hours later acknowledging me, and the 4th reply 14 hours after my PM to him with a 1st draft welded product. He's sent me a lot of great material on the changes to that design to improve upon and to make it truly a "Bolt On" application without any messing around. Right down to the tapered washers to deal with the misaligned holes the bolt goes thru. This Whole process from initial PM, reply, 1st draft to 4th was 8 days and he doesn't even have a rig that can benefit from this since his is a low COG moderate wheeler with 1" lift. On behalf of the Community I say thanks for taking the initiative and making it happen so FAST. :aok:

I'll be providing a Step by Step along with a review for this application once it arrives.

• 2 weeks later...