Z31 ecu in a wd21?

DarkDragon

Ok guys/gals, I have been searching this forum and the z31 forum, vg30 forums and pretty much all of the Nissan forums, Google helped. Anyways, I am trying to do a write up here on piggy back engine managements.

So my question is: is the Z31 ecu a direct bolt on to the wd21? I mean no change of wires. I do know that the z31 came boosted so the programming is different, but is a direct swap, or are there a few pins that might need swapping? If so, what are the pins that need swapping; I have a better Idea of what I am looking at.

One last thing, I do know our distributor works off of cam timing. Is there a vacuum advance like the old conquest and other vehicles? Or is it computerized where I can get to it?

Easier if I can find a ecu pin-out for my 95 pathfinder.

Thank you for your time,

Tony.

You're better off swapping in the Infiniti M30ECU. It is the most refined of the SOHC VG ecu and is plug and play compatible with the nisstune system. Allot of N/A z guys go to them and they work well with turbo conversions too.

The harness connectors are the same but the wires are not. So you will need to re-pin you wires to match the ECU.

Edited by MY1PATH

ok. thanks for the heads up. i did find it in the manual. it was def a pain to trace all the wires to its location.

in any case, i have 2 wires that go to a check engine connector for the MIL light, but no actual location. any help would be appriciated...

pin:

23-L=

25-G=

tony.

will be doing a full pin out sheet this weekend with a how to on engine management.

Edited by DarkDragon

You mean, where is the check connector? That I do not know, but I bet it's in the FSM somewhere :) You might want to look at the start of the electrical components section of the EF and EC chapter too. It lists the expected voltages for a lot of ECU pins and tells you what they are for without having to trace the circuit diagram.

I would love if someone would be able to do a how to on installing the M30 ecu into the pathy.

We have about 6 M30's total in the u pull its around here that all still have ecu if anyone has a hard problem finding them.