CB antenna mount options on rear of car

Towncivilian

Anybody know a good method of mounting an antenna on the back of the vehicle somewhere? I don't think drilling a hole through the plastic bumper cover would be very sturdy. Do I have any other options? I'd prefer not to mount one on the roof or on a hood channel mount or something. What about replacing the stock radio antenna with a CB antenna somehow, is that possible?

I found a splitter that allows use of a CB radio antenna for both AM/FM and CB here, and doing it the other way around (AM/FM radio for CB) is a bad idea according to that page because the radio antenna is designed only for receiving signals and not transmitting, and using an adapter is a ghetto fix and obviously performance would be poor. Any way to modify the stock radio mount to fit a CB antenna?

I have mine on my bumper (two 2 footers) lol. They pick up signal fine too. The mounts I have aren't meant for the bumper, but they do just fine. I don't have any problem with sturdiness either, so if you really wanted to you can put them on the bumper.

6038109363_4ce26b7116.jpg

One thing I did just think about though, is that you probably have a newer model R50.... So, I don't know about the bumper thing.

Here is a clean way to install a CB Radio Antenna. I purchased a rear hatch bracket specifically for the SUV.

After it was tunned, I'm getting less than 0.1 SWR on channel 20 and less than .5 on channel 40.

I would highly recommend not using dual antennas on any vehicle except for a large truck with Mirrors that extend out (SEMI Trucks). Read up on it and you will know why.

I routed the cable through the gromet behind the left rear break light. Works perfect and it's clean. You will need someone who knows how to solder a PL-259 Connector since you will need to route the cable itself through the gromet and then solder on a new connector.

Nissan1.jpg

Nissan2.jpg

Nissan3.jpg

Let me know if you have any questions on this install. Works great and gets good reception. Of course the best place for an antenna is center on top of the vehicle if you want to drill a hole. :mellow:

Edited by Timmons