broke camshaft

phillipd

Hello everyone thanks for all the information. I am helping neighbor do a timing belt on 1987 D21 4x4 and RH camshaft seal was leaking and when we removed the sprocket we found the cam was busted around the dowel pin . Tried ordering one from a online dealer and they sent email back saying it was discontinued. When looking up the shaft on the dealers website it appeared that the cam must come from a production years of 11/85 to 07/87 this one was made in 10/86. I'm having trouble finding a RH one aftermarket also. Any help would be nice, VG30 TBI with only 115,000 miles and rust free body.

I have a set of 1987 Pathy heads, complete with cams. They were resurfaced and have about 1000 miles on them. After I had the heads replaced on the old motor that the reconditioned heads were on. I threw a rod and blasted the motor. So I replaced the complete motor with a different one.The were preassure checked and are in great running condition.

Let me know if this helps or your interested.

Thanks

I have a set of 1987 Pathy heads, complete with cams. They were resurfaced and have about 1000 miles on them. After I had the heads replaced on the old motor that the reconditioned heads were on. I threw a rod and blasted the motor. So I replaced the complete motor with a different one.The were preassure checked and are in great running condition.

Let me know if this helps or your interested.

Thanks

Thanks I hope I don't have to but never know. What kind of money do you have to have?

I've got $300.00 into them. So I'd take $300.00 + you pay shipping.

Thanks

That sounds fair enough on the money, if I need to go that route I will for sure contact you. Trying not to go in the motor that deep. Thanks for the fast response and the offer.

you don't have to match the exact years on the cams. All SOHC VG engines got the same cam bearing diameters and shaft lengths. cams 87-95 will work and as said above can be found on rock auto. I think they are sealed power brand.

Also available are the European 300zx cams from Nissan, these were a stock cam over seas and provide more top end for better freeway driving while not effecting how it drives around town.

Be sure to replace your lifers (I prefer clevite brand) use lots of assembly lube, a ZDDP oil for break in like royal purple or bradd penn racing oil. Follow the "RUN IN" procedure on the page linked below.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=15422