AC 3" Body Lift Install on '91 Nissan Terrano

shasdakota

Thanks for that. Ill have to do this to my rear bumper. Now I just cant wait to find somewhere around here to take it off roading.

Edited by Scott.T

What I would do for the rear bumper is cut off that lower lip and have someone weld a piece of steel to the bracket to extend it down 3", than drill the holes to match the frame and bolt it on. On the stock bumper doing it the way you pictured is fine.

When I had my double tube Smitybilt bumper with receiver hitch on my old hardbody I got lucky (working in a 4x4 shop has advantages !!), the Smitybilt double tube bumpers came 2 different ways, the non hitch bumpers had brackets that bolted to the bumper, the receiver hitch bumpers the brackets were one piece integrated into the bumper structure. So when we did the 3" body lift on my hardbody I found a pair of the non hitch style bumper brackets laying around, which had the same contour as the hitch bumper mounts, and a friend of mine just welded the non hitch brackets below the mounts on the receiver hitch bumper which let me raise the bumper and it was still as strong as it was before, believe me I tested it all the time.

anyway in unccpathfinder's pic you could do something like this if you wanted to have more than 2 bolts per side, depending on where the 4th bolt hole the bracket could go from the 4th hole to the frame::

s2d4co.jpg

Alright so I forgot I bad to cut the rear straps

IMG_20110219_112550.jpg

Now for the front mod:

Hole saw for easier bolt access

IMG_20110219_104431.jpg

Marked it:

IMG_20110219_082017.jpg

Moved up 3" and welded ( I also welded a strap along the line of the crack in the concrete

IMG_20110219_093508.jpg

U can see the strap thru the hole

2012-08-04_11-00-57_547.jpg

And here

2012-08-04_11-00-24_948.jpg

• 3 years later...