A/C problems...

NissanNismoZ

Okay. So i did a vacuum test on my A/C lines..and..they hold a vacuum over an extended period of time perfectly.

So i went ahead and charged it (at shop) just so I can have A/C because the heat is killing me..

Well, my A/C compressor will NOT kick on at all...unless i jump it. Then it works perfectly, and the air gets nice and cold inside..

I get power to the switch, (A/C button) and the switch works properly.. BUT what could be causing it not to engage?

I replaced the relay with a known working one, to no avail.

I do know that my fan speed selector is one off.. like say.. 1 is off, 2 is 1 3 is 2 and 4 is 4.. when i push it against the edge (past 4 a little) it actually works, going full speed..

If its this module..is it repairable? How hard is it to replace, coz i notice there's like 3 cables that control, say the vents add defrost modes and such.

Thanks!!

In that case, unplug the wires from the pressure cycling switch and jump the two pins with a paper clip. It should kick on. If it doesn't click on, then swap the two relays on the passenger inner fender. If the blower motor quits working, then you know you have a bad relay.

Don't jump them to the battery, but just jump the two terminals a the plug with a paper clip or a short strand of wire. This tells you if you have a bad cycling switch or not. If it does not click on when you jump the terminals, then you have to back track to see why you aren't getting any power to the coil. Do you have a volt meter? If so, you should have 12 volts at one of the wires going to the cycling switch when the a/c is on.