brake fluid disappearing?

ahardb0dy

Hello, my 90 sentra every 3 weeks or so I have to add brake fluid, the brake fluid in the reservoir will be down about an inch, I did have a bad wheel cylinder and I replaced it. Today I pulled the other rear wheel and brake drum to check to see if the other wheel cylinder was leaking and it is dry. Front brake pads are not low at all almost look brand new. No wet areas inside any of the wheels or near the master cylinder. Pulled the carpet up under the dash (drivers side) nothing wet there either. I guess I should pull the master cylinder off the brake booster to see if there is any fluid in it next. Brakes feel like they are fine and engine runs good also no white smoke or anything. Do not see any leaks on the ground anywhere under the car. Can't figure out where the brake fluid is going. Any ideas?? Thanks.

Sounds like you are checking everything that should be checked. I can only think of one other thing that I hope isn't the case, that you have a pinhole in one of the flex lines that only sprays fluid under pressure/when it bulges... :shrug:

B

pulled the master cylinder off the booster today, had my neighbor look at it ( he works at a local shop) he thinks the master cylinder is bad so I will be replacing it soon, fluid was low again today, thanks.

Edited by ahardb0dy