Replacing Tail light covers

Guest Sirus

This may sound a rather... inexperianced, but here it goes

I accidently ended up getting my 94' Pathfinder (XE-V6) vandelized and i ended up losing my right top tail light,

I ordered a new bulb and cover, but am unsure of how to remove the old cover?

I took a quick skim though my manuel, but I didn't see anything useful... :help:

Any tips or advice would be great,

Thanks

Hey there Sirus. 'accidently ended up getting my 94' Pathfinder (XE-V6) vandelized' ? As opposed to on purpose ? Sorry, couldn't help my self. Don't feel alone, some twit broke off my driving lights last night...

While I haven't done this myself, I went out and looked. I have a '95XE so they are probably identical. If you open the rear you will see 3 screws through some trim on the side of the lense which is covered by the hatch when closed. Looks like that has to come off regardless, so remove it. If this doesn't expose some screws, then look inside the truck where the rear of the assembly would be. There is a plastic clip door; remove it. You now see the rear of the entire light assembly and 3 nuts. Looks like these hold in/together the assembly. A bit of a hassle, but it keeps people from walking up and unscrewing you lense; instead they have to break a window ! FYI, there is a lot of room in that space, perfect for a cargo net, road flares, a kilo of your favorite substance during border crossings... JUST KIDDING !!! :hide: Good luck Bud.

Bernard

Heh. You should've gotten a junkyard taillight instead of just the lens cover...the factory cover is glued/sealed to the body of the light. You'll have to take the whole light out, heat it up and pry the broken cover off, then use an appropriate adhesive to glue the new cover onto the light body. Lot of work...hopefully it keeps rainwater out when you're done...