front sway bar links

kefferjoe

So today I am replacing cv half shafts, tie rods, and ball joints. I was wondering if I can get rid of the sway bar link stuff it gets in the way and I feel as though its unnecessary...I have a 2 inch lift with 1 inch coil spacers so it might be limiting me a whole lot travel wise? Let me know what your opinion is!

I wouldn't recommend getting rid of the front sway bar, the truck will ride like $h!t and you'll be all over the place. Rear sway bar is less important.

Edited by Igetstabby

A member on here 01Silverpathy has run without the front sway bar links and he said it was fun and gave a little more flex if I remember. Most of our flex comes from the rear 4link, take that sway bar completely out and you will have some good flex there; the IFS in the front with the lift coils will not flex that much. I run a front sway bar with moog links and no rear sway bar on my pathy and drive it on the road regularly.

Without sway bars the front end is floaty to say the least! It does not ride like trash, it actually rides better and makes the suspension softer in my opinion. But you have to be very careful with it. Body roll will be very obvious, so take it easy if you take it off. I take mine off from time to time just cause I like to feel the suspension work if you can get that? But 90 percent of the time my sway bars are on up front, even when I wheel.

Without sway bars the front end is floaty to say the least! It does not ride like trash, it actually rides better and makes the suspension softer in my opinion. But you have to be very careful with it. Body roll will be very obvious, so take it easy if you take it off. I take mine off from time to time just cause I like to feel the suspension work if you can get that? But 90 percent of the time my sway bars are on up front, even when I wheel.

:yeahthat:

I drove Thunderbolts for a week without either front or rear sway/stabilizer bars with a (2" front coil lift + 4" SFD and 6" custom rear coils) and I really enjoyed the roll/floating experience...especially over speed bumps/curbs. I tended to take turns a bit slower because of this, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I think if I had to do some emergency avoidance maneuvers that I might have different feelings.

I've been driving with the rear sway bar removed for about 2.5 years now...

Yeah I had to swerve around a semi that rear ended another truck on the side of the road and then wound up flipping in a ditch at around 70mph with 33's and the 6in lift. That was REALLY sketchy with a front sway bar...I have a really strong feeling it would have turned out much much worse if I had the front sway off.

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking of front swaybar links... Anyone else going through them like crazy? I've replaced my drivers side link 3 times this year and right hand link twice... drivers side is already clunking again less than 2 months later... what gives?