I got the shakes

Mknabb335

Ok guys hopefully you will be able to help me out here. When I'm driving my 97', which i just recently bought :aok: , it will sway side to side, and very violently on the interstate and some times around town :wacko: . My guess is the bushings on the sway bars are toast or my shocks and struts have all but given completely out. If you guys can help me I will really appreaciate it. Take it away experts........... Also anyone know where I can get some beige leather seats? Some moron decided to use my carpet and cloth seats as an ash tray before my purchase :shrug: Anyway new here love the site keep up the good work.

This is precisely bushings...maybe the pan hard, maybe the control arms...alll in all mine did the same thing and i had all 10 bushings in the back replaced (takes a big press to remove and install) and it was around $600, but i also had both front end links done at the time.

not the sway bar or pan hard rod bushings, it would be the lower rear control arm bushings. New shocks and struts would help a fair bit also, they tend to wear out at about +/- 60K. As for leather seats, check out katskinz (sp?) aftermarket leather seat covers. They're pretty nice from what I've seen/heard. B)

Thanks for the advise guys. So overall how much do you think the bushings would cost? On a limited budget right now because college. I am pretty knowladgeable about working on cars, but is there some thing a professional would have to do that I couldnt do in my driveway?

need two sets of these as far as parts go, and unless you have a hydrolic press in your driveway, then you'll have to take it to a shop to get them pressed in B) You could go to 4x4parts.com for some decent prices on shocks and struts, (I'd link you the pages but I'm lazy :rolleyes:) Some members here aren't the biggest fans of that site, but I haven't had any problems personally. As for the seats, I remember I looked at a website that was an authorized dealer, but I forgot the address and the prices. I'll try to look it up here ;)

By the way nice Pathfinder big johnson. :aok: Looks just like mine :beer: , wish I had a 5 speed though.... this is the first auto I have ever owned, cant say I done enjoy being able to sit back and relax though. Ill post some pics as soon as I get some up.

By the way nice Pathfinder big johnson. :aok: Looks just like mine :beer: , wish I had a 5 speed though.... this is the first auto I have ever owned, cant say I done enjoy being able to sit back and relax though. Ill post some pics as soon as I get some up.

Thanks B) Yeah, try to get some pics up, I'm curious to see how those blacked out headlights look on a black R50 (pretty sick, I'd imagine) B) I'm thinking about getting either some headlight covers or taillight covers, or both :D

I do not have any covers on my lights, but I did paint over those terrible amber lenses...I took a piece of that blue painters tape (1" wide) and measured .25", cut the tape and fixed it to the center of the amber turn lense (bumper) then proceded to spray satin black paint on the lense coat after coat until i was convinced the first bug attracted to my silverstars wasn't going to take off the black. after drying throughly i removed the blackened tape to leave a crisp orange dash across the lense. This is small enought that it is not visible from 10' but will indeed be visible when turning.

...perhaps i should add that i did get 50 watt replacement bulbs by "Blazer" from autozone, and i did replace those stock cornering/parking lamps (by the headlights) with larger orange bulbs #912, the wedge end is the same but they are much brighter, and, i think that the stock lenses are much hotter at night now blazing that orange!!! -thnkboutit-

that tape i mentioned was a quarter inch wide all the way across the section of the light that actually outputs not .25 by .25...the part that outputs is easy to see it is the part that your reflector for the bulb can be seen through. the responding lit up dash is very hot!!!