PANHARD ROD bushing

blkpathy

I have a 97 Pathfinder(125K miles) and had a swaying problem on it, I just installed new polyurethane bushings for

my upper and lower control arms( old bushings were really gone). I got rid of the swaying problem; however, a new problem came up, when I hard brake now, my right rear wheel is vibrating up and down(could be coming from the right differential area). I dont think it's coming from the rear shocks beacuase I only have 10k on those shocks.I figured that it might be coming from my PANHARD rod bushing (I did not replace that). Im just noticing it now because my control arm bushings are new, this problem was not present prior to the bushing replacement. Any insight on this problem?

Edited by eff

The only time I've ever heard of that happening was with extreme play in suspension components, which you've already taken care of, or with a bad shock. It's only 2 nuts to take the shock off and have a look. I know you said they're only 10k old, but a manufacturing defect could cause premature failure.

The only time I've ever heard of that happening was with extreme play in suspension components, which you've already taken care of, or with a bad shock. It's only 2 nuts to take the shock off and have a look. I know you said they're only 10k old, but a manufacturing defect could cause premature failure.

Exactly. Just ask about the reliability of the Rancho struts.

A bad Panhard bushing would allow side-to-side movement, not vertical vibration. Try swapping the left and right shocks to see if the problem moves to the left side.

problem solved, I had rear drums resurfaced and at same time decided to have the panhard bushings chnaged to polyurethane. It was the rear drums that was causing the extreme vibration when I was braking hard. Thanks

problem solved, I had rear drums resurfaced and at same time decided to have the panhard bushings chnaged to polyurethane. It was the rear drums that was causing the extreme vibration when I was braking hard. Thanks

Thank you for the follow up! I never would have guessed the drums.