guys need some major help

Donnavon

ok, I was driving to summer camp whith my son, after 1.5 hours of heavy throttle mountain driving I turnned off the road and threw it in 4 high and that is when it happend:

1. no OD button

2. no instruments (Fuel, Temp, or Speedo. rpms well its a 95 so you know)

3. no pwr/econ switch

4. tranny will not kick down

5. tranny will not shift automatically

6. no A/C

7. no A/C Clutch

8. no blower

9. starter solenoid will not energize

all lights work, engine runs and charges normally, car will start it I jumper the starter soleniod and ignition is in "run", radio works. I was able to drive the 90 miles home after this happened by shifting manually

there are no blown fuses, no visibly damaged fusable links, no visibly damaged harnesses even on tranny. no disconnected plugs that I can find.

Starting to think I blew the computer? Any Ideas?

Edited by Donnavon

I'd pull the codes like suggested. It'll tell you alot. Also, check your tranny fluid. Hard driving and inadequate cooling will kill your transmission. Fusible links can go bad without it looking so. Make sure the connections are tight and not loose. Also make sure the contacts are clean and not corroded.

I'd pull the codes like suggested. It'll tell you alot. Also, check your tranny fluid. Hard driving and inadequate cooling will kill your transmission. Fusible links can go bad without it looking so. Make sure the connections are tight and not loose. Also make sure the contacts are clean and not corroded.

I also suggest all of the above. May just end up being a faulty ground somewhere, even with it charging correctly.

As for codes telling you a lot, not really on an OBD1 vehicle. Who would think to clean/replace the MAF with an Injector Leak/Injector Circuit code but no MAF code?

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same thing happen to me, but when I was driving up a steep, rough road. I limped it 10 miles home on the back roads and discovered that one of the tranny connector wires had fallen against the header flange (recently installed), melted throught the insulation and grounded out. I sealed and rerouted the wire, replaced a fuse and the tranny operates fine ever since. I'll try to verify if it was the same fuse, but I bet it is. It might be a 'first thing to check' if your tranny goes into safe mode.

B