ECU Replacement

Cool PDF James!

So it seems like the sensors you "need" are:

-O2

-TPS

-coolant temp

-MAF

-crank position

Notice how they power the harness? All through one ignition actuated relay. So when you turn it off the ECU would loss all power and loose any codes it would store anyway. This would also remedy the problem with nissan ECUs learning. This way it would run the same every time. I have to reflash my titan periodically because of this learning. My tune when I fresh flash it is conservative on fuel and I average 14mpg back and forth to work. After 8 or 9 months it starts getting pig rich, sluggish on the bottom end and 11 to 12 mpg. Reflash and all is good again.

James

just to jump in here. I just got done doing what you are asking about. You can use a 94 95 ecu in a 90-93 pathfinder if you change your o2 sensor. The 94 95 is the 18 mm o2 sensor and will not work on the earlier ecus it will do just what your describing. You can use a Federal on a cali or a cali on a federal truck just make sure the o2 sensor matches. Other than that everything else hooks up and works fine cruise control and all. Or at least it did for me.

just to jump in here. I just got done doing what you are asking about. You can use a 94 95 ecu in a 90-93 pathfinder if you change your o2 sensor. The 94 95 is the 18 mm o2 sensor and will not work on the earlier ecus it will do just what your describing. You can use a Federal on a cali or a cali on a federal truck just make sure the o2 sensor matches. Other than that everything else hooks up and works fine cruise control and all. Or at least it did for me.

Good to know.

you will also have to do one of the following

A. change the bung in the exhaust pipe

B. get a newer midpipe

C. add another bung and cap the old one

D. use an adapter

you will also have to do one of the following

A. change the bung in the exhaust pipe

B. get a newer midpipe

C. add another bung and cap the old one

D. use an adapter

Or

E. get the right ECU and don't worry about it lol

That is good to know. I'm slowly working on putting the MPFI fuel injection from a 94 on my 87. I would have fought problems for a while not knowing about the different O2. Sucks though that I bought a new $130 O2 last year for the 87 and won't be able to use it. Good thing I have the whole 94 to rob parts from.

James

That is good to know. I'm slowly working on putting the MPFI fuel injection from a 94 on my 87. I would have fought problems for a while not knowing about the different O2. Sucks though that I bought a new $130 O2 last year for the 87 and won't be able to use it. Good thing I have the whole 94 to rob parts from.

James

LOL I'm just glad at least one of my posts helped someone :)