Hmm... Any Idea where this goes?

wgiuliani91

I have a 91 Pathy V6 SE. I recently replaced the intake manifold/valve cover gaskets and as I was putting it back together I noticed what looks like some kind of sensor. It was dangling near the back of the engine on the drivers side. I was looking around and can't seem to find where it needs go. I'm not sure if I absent-mindedly disconnected it or if it was disconnected by the previous owner. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks. Pictures attached

photo%201.JPG

photo%202.JPG

Alright, did some poking around last night and found where the EGR temperature sensor goes. It screws into the intake directly underneath where the EGR Valve bolts on. Thanks for all of the help.

photo.JPG

Picture is with the EGR Valve removed.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think that is Cali-model specific... but it definitely goes in the exhaust stream somewhere! Maybe on the EGR assembly?

You're right! I have one too. I was just flipping through my photos and found it.

262353_10150235718839075_612879074_7333026_2676508_n.jpg

When I had the JDM engine swapped in to my 94 the only code I had was for that EGR temp sensor, I took the sensor out of the old engine and the harness but it turned out the JDM engine had the harness but it had a cap in the connector, put the sensor in and connected the plugs no more code.