What does an OME lift feel like?

jwestpnw

I've done all the reading on here about lifts and have decided to go with OME HD in the front and OME MD in the back with KYB all the way around.

But before I dive in, I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me what the ride feels like?

Thanks

I'm not running an R50, but I went HD for the springs and OME Nitro Charger shocks on all four corners. Ride is night and day over stock. Much smoother and a lot more stable.

Hard for me to compare the difference because my springs slowly died and were saggy but it was a night and day difference for sure from the worn out stuff I was replacing. So when they say caR50 I understand because mine handles as good as my wifes mazda CX9 but can still offroad like a beast, minus the blow front strut I have that is getting oil everywhere... I'm going to swap in the KYB GR-2's when I get paid next. Defenately a good lift. Can't say if it's better than the AC's but I like it.

Just finished installing mine and man what a difference! It is really smooth and no more squeaks and rattles of the old struts and shocks. It's firm but forgiving at the same time. Helps the truck sit up nice and really improves the ride. I wouldn't trade it for anything right now.

Just finished installing mine and man what a difference! It is really smooth and no more squeaks and rattles of the old struts and shocks. It's firm but forgiving at the same time. Helps the truck sit up nice and really improves the ride. I wouldn't trade it for anything right now.

Nice! I just ordered my lift today from Steve at Ruggedrocks.com Hoping it shows up by friday. I'll post some before and after pics next week if anyone wants to see them.

Nice! I just ordered my lift today from Steve at Ruggedrocks.com Hoping it shows up by friday. I'll post some before and after pics next week if anyone wants to see them.

Good choice! I have the exact same set up on my 03 and couldn't be happier with it.

I've got the MD's all around with KYB GR-2's in the front and KYB Gas-A-Justs in the rear.

I haven't done any off-roading or anything, just pavement.

Ride is definitely manageable.

Of course, I'll say the ride is a bit stiffer compared to the stock-setup.

I can say this... when I go over the narryow-type of speed-bumps, I bounce once in my new OME suspension.

In the stock suspension, I recall it being about 2-3 times, with reduced "bounce height" due to the dampening (ie. it wasn't 2-3 full extensions of the suspension)

Edited by Qx4donald

I've got MD all around, KYBs in the front and OME shocks in the rear. I also put new control arms with rubber bushings in the front and poly bushings upper and lower in the rear.

It rides firmer, more like you'd expect a truck to ride. Corners well at speed, stiffer than stock suspension but doesn't shake your bones. I like it much better than stock.

Edited by Zibi