brush guard

devonianwalk

The guard is made by Aires, those supports actually go through the bumper and ties back to the bolts that hold the radiator to the frame. D-shackles are through 3/8" worth of steel brackets at the OEM tie points, I wouldn't tow the truck from them but certainly work for pulling me out of trouble.

I'm not exactly sure how that mounts (radiator doesn't not mount to the frame so that is out) but generally they are capable of three things. Brush guard, and that means pushing small branches/brush out of the way, something to mount lights to and damage amplifiers, meaning that any real hit will now damage the grill, hood and both lights. While they do have their place and can be used to nudge a vehicle along (on pavement), do not confuse them with a bull bar, after market bumper or other heavy duty protection.

B

True that. My "brush guard" is aluminuminnmum (that's how I pronouce it). I'm gonna' use it to drive up to my front door and make that my excuse to quit mowin' my lawn.

Love the Nissan factory guard way more than the very few available for the WD21. Added bonus 4 Holes and a mounting plate let me mount a Smittybilt xrc12 on it. The push bar part is pleanty sturdy, just a little thinner than 1/4 inch, and it has upper mounts that attatch to the bumper mounts.

frontend.jpg?t=1305390315winch.jpg?t=1305390315

Edited by Desert89