Rear window leaking...

Ok ive searched for this one and found nothing...

Its been raining like crazy here for the past couple days and i believe my rear hatch window is leaking. If i open the hatch and lift it up, i can watch water drip down from the bottom of the seal around the window. I understand that opening the hatch reverses the direction of the water, but shouldnt the seal around the window stop the water from leaking in???

i do have a super nice Husky floor liner in the cargo area that catches all the water, but this is just getting annoying. Also, there is those 3 hard plastic quarter round shaped thingys at the top of the rear window...im missing two of them...I dont think that is causing my window to leak tho...

Any thought?

Thanks

I've actually reused the glass hatch weather stripping when I swapped my door on Saturday, I'm wondering whether it'll stay weatherproof. Time will tell I guess.

What "hard plastic quarter round" things are you talking about?

My WD was doing that too. I never open the glass and I guess it had some crap in between the seal. Even though I never open it, it can bounce open a little with hard bumps which I observed the sunroof doing too. I cleaned the rubber seal and rubbed some silicone grease on it and no more leak.

James

thanks for the tip. yah i never open my rear glass either. ill try cleaning it up and siliconing it.

Use silicone grease, not a hardening sealant. You don't want to glue it closed. Lol! Anything to just add a little moisture to the rubber.

James

Use silicone grease, not a hardening sealant. You don't want to glue it closed. Lol! Anything to just add a little moisture to the rubber.

James

Ah yes that is what i meant to say... :laugh: yah i dont want to seal it shut...or do I? haha :jk:

Its funny cuz i think the window opening is so small i hardly ever just open the window...if i ever put anything in the cargo area, i just open the hatch because its usually bigger than the window opening...

Edited by Phantom01Pathfinder