Automatic to manual swap

ejin4499

I know there is a switch or relay I am supposed to rewire or jump or something but I can't seem to find out what it is. If there is anyone who has done this already help would be greatly appriciated.

would using the ecu from the manual parts truck eliminate my need for this jumper?

Edited by ejin4499

Hey man,

I can get a pic of the wire you need to join together to jump it - but I wont be able to get it till a bit later.

It is a thick brown wire with a thin yellow band on it if I remember correctly. I Think both ends are attached to one of the harnesses which are on the passenger side engine compartment. If you solder them together it will work, but you could also rig it to go to the Neutral safety, and maybe have a manual switch as a anti-theft (my plans eventually lol).

Get that pic as soon as i can

Hey man,

I can get a pic of the wire you need to join together to jump it - but I wont be able to get it till a bit later.

It is a thick brown wire with a thin yellow band on it if I remember correctly. I Think both ends are attached to one of the harnesses which are on the passenger side engine compartment. If you solder them together it will work, but you could also rig it to go to the Neutral safety, and maybe have a manual switch as a anti-theft (my plans eventually lol).

Get that pic as soon as i can

That would be sweet thanks

I was under the impression that when Swapping tranny's from Auto to Manual or Vice Versa, that you should be swapping the ECU's as well. I'm not sure of the specifics as to what has to be changed otherwise.

ok man

MTIgnitionwiring.jpg

the plug on the left of the picture where the brown and black wires come out is what you need to splice together. I honestly just intertwined the wires and then wrapped electrical tape around them as I was supposed to hook it all up to the safety switch etc - but never got around to that.

Does that help?

You dont need to swap out ECUs from auto to manual - if you were going manual to auto then you would.

• Like 1

ok man

MTIgnitionwiring.jpg

the plug on the left of the picture where the brown and black wires come out is what you need to splice together. I honestly just intertwined the wires and then wrapped electrical tape around them as I was supposed to hook it all up to the safety switch etc - but never got around to that.

Does that help?

You dont need to swap out ECUs from auto to manual - if you were going manual to auto then you would.

I thought so. What I ended up doing was taking the gear selection switch off the side of the tranny. Turned it to park and left it all attachted. Now I have my anti theft device and a working engine. Now I just gotta finish rebuilding it and bolt it on knowing that everything should just work. SWEEEEEEETT

whats the difference between the two. Any change in fuel maps or anything to do with making more power or is it just the stuff to control the auto? I'm thinking I'll keep one to work with nistune with and have the other to keep so when I blow up my tuned one I have a backup.

Edited by ejin4499

I thought so. What I ended up doing was taking the gear selection switch off the side of the tranny. Turned it to park and left it all attachted. Now I have my anti theft device and a working engine. Now I just gotta finish rebuilding it and bolt it on knowing that everything should just work. SWEEEEEEETT

whats the difference between the two. Any change in fuel maps or anything to do with making more power or is it just the stuff to control the auto? I'm thinking I'll keep one to work with nistune with and have the other to keep so when I blow up my tuned one I have a backup.

I dont think there is any change in the fuel maps or anything. It didnt feel any more or less powerful.