Control Arm Brackets

01KJRPath

I was wondering if anyone knows if the rear control arm brackets are supposed to have a rubber covering from the factory? When I replaced the control arms on my 01 one side had a thick piece of rubber stuck to it the other did not.

P/N 54480

Thanks

In that diagram, look at P/N 54093. Is that what you are talking about?

Madhornet, re-read what he wrote> the rear of the control arm. Guess he should have added front lower control arm in there. And weird what that part number 54480 is called. Haha.

Jose

In that diagram, look at P/N 54093. Is that what you are talking about?

Madhornet, re-read what he wrote> the rear of the control arm. Guess he should have added front lower control arm in there. And weird what that part number 54480 is called. Haha.

Jose

Yes I meant the front lower control arms. Probably should have stated it better. "rear mounting of the front lower CA"

Thanks for showing me what I am missing. I am wondering if the lack of these rubber supports may be part of the clunking noise I am getting only when it rains. One could assume the rain lubricates the CA bushing enough to move in the bracket. Plus I am getting a high speed shimmy that comes and goes. Same under hard braking.

Thanks for all the replies!

Edited by 01KJRPath