Old pathfinder new owner

fishodeath

Hello all,

I recently picked up a '91 pathfinder SE 4wd off a friend who owned it since 2000 miles. It now has 306k on it. Certainly a testament to the durability of this vehicle. After that many miles and mostly sitting for a year+ It has its issues, but runs amazingly well. The interior is quite nice to! I think I can take care of most the issues between a Chilton's/the internet/this forum. I found this forum after researching why the fuel and temp gauges aren't working (voltage regulator apparently). Sounds like a good first project to dig into.

Anyway, thought I would say "hi." I hope to learn about working on this vehicle (and vehicles in general). I also hope to meet some like-minded people. I've done some work on various vehicles before, but nothing anyone with a little common sense couldn't do.

Cheers!

-fishodeath

Hello all,

I recently picked up a '91 pathfinder SE 4wd off a friend who owned it since 2000 miles. It now has 306k on it. Certainly a testament to the durability of this vehicle. After that many miles and mostly sitting for a year+ It has its issues, but runs amazingly well. The interior is quite nice to! I think I can take care of most the issues between a Chilton's/the internet/this forum. I found this forum after researching why the fuel and temp gauges aren't working (voltage regulator apparently). Sounds like a good first project to dig into.

Anyway, thought I would say "hi." I hope to learn about working on this vehicle (and vehicles in general). I also hope to meet some like-minded people. I've done some work on various vehicles before, but nothing anyone with a little common sense couldn't do.

Cheers!

-fishodeath

Howdy! It's the voltage regulator that is at fault, very common problem. Happened to me too. Very easy fix, you can use the search button and look up the HOW TO.. I think it's in there actually.