New from North Carolina

ImaHokie

Hello all, I found your group a couple weeks ago & registered today. I just bought a 1997 Pathfinder after driving a '89 Pathfinder for 15 years and a '88 Pathfinder for 8 years before that. I decided to retire my '89 after 336,000 miles.

Now that my new Pathfinder is the unibody (2nd generation), I'm trying to find the best info to try to keep it running as long as my '89 lasted. I've already noticed several good posts that will help me with the new Pathy. I'm really enjoying the '97 and I appreciate all the good information in the forums.

Next up for the '97 Pathy: Monday - timing belt, water punp, tensioner, thermostat. Next month: CV boots, diff'l & transfer fluid changes, fuel filter...and maybe the Jackson AutoSport "Missing Link" part I read about on this website.

Thanks for all the info & I look forward to chatting with you in the future.

from a 2door strait to a caR50 skipping the 4door wd21 step... I don't know about this one :shiftyeyes:

:welcome: and pics are in order

lmao Josh! it's ok, we'll let it fly this time, only because he still had a wd-21... all be it was a couple doors short.....

welcome to the funny farm! enjoy the view! :beer:

Thanks for the replies! Here's couple pics of my '89 and the '97 I bought a couple weeks ago. The '97 has 135,000 miles - What a spring chicken! Hope this works...my 1st try with PhotoBucket...

89Pathy1.jpg

MaroonBullet.jpg

After driving 1st generation pathfinders for 23 years, I definetly have a lot to learn about the R50. I was actually thinking about buying a '95, but I came across this '97 at a pretty good price. The seller also had some new shocks & struts (still in the box) that he included. He said they were KYB's, but they turned out to be Sensen brand. I think I'll give them a try in a year or so.

I have a potential buyer for the '89 who also has a '90 Pathfinder. He's planning to combine the best parts from both & sell the resulting vehicle. So my old Black Streak will be sort of like an organ donor...it would have wanted it that way... :sleep:

They do have souls, don't they?

Yup. Turned over the keys to the old Pathy last night. The buyer appeared to be a knowledgable mechanic, so at least my old '89 will be in good hands.

That's always good to know... :aok:

Welcome and congrats on the new steed!! 23 years of Nissan Pathfinders. Damn!!

I've been driving Nissan trucks for 16, but Pathys only for 6 of that.

The '97 has 135,000 miles - What a spring chicken!

My 95 has 106,000... :D

B

Welcome...where aboutsa in nc? Grew up in fayetteville...lived in Charlotte for 6 years and now down in spartanburg SC

Hello...I'm just south of Raleigh. Nice looking green Pathfinder in your pictures!

That's always good to know... :aok:

Welcome and congrats on the new steed!! 23 years of Nissan Pathfinders. Damn!!

I've been driving Nissan trucks for 16, but Pathys only for 6 of that.

My 95 has 106,000... :D

B

Thanks! I guess I'm a creature of habit. Those old '88 and '89 Pathys sure fit like a glove. They seemed nearly indestructable. They sure took me on years of commutes to work and long trips to hunting spots. The only think I didn't like was the emissions control stuff on the driver's side at the front under the hood. AIV system I think they call it. I had to replace those parts several times as they rotted thru with the corrosive stuff that goes thru there.

The best mission I can remember with them was during Hurricane Fran, when my in-laws borrowed my Pathfinder to see if their place on the coast still existed. It got 'em there. They were lucky they didn't get swept away by flood water, but the Pathfinder made it.