New guy From Ontario

m1k3_88

New to the forums, names Mike from just outside of Toronto, Ontario. Had a 1994 pathfinder for years but lost her lastyear due to the common frame rotting out in the back. Looking at picking up a 91 terrano i've been eying hopefully in the near future.

That one on kijiji is the one I've been lookin at. But unfortunately between jobs right now puts it a bit lower on the priority list than I'd like it to be.

Welcome to the boards!

Man.... I wouldn't even take a second look at an ad for a Pathy in that price range. Unless it's a diesel. Even then, parts acquiring is a bit of a pain and rather costly if you end up with engine trouble.

If time is not a real issue, I suggest you do as I did and peruse the salt free States for one. You'd get a much better deal on one for initial cost, our dollar is better for 2, Frame Rot free for 3, and importing isn't very difficult. Look into it. I got mine from then interior of Florida and it had virtually no rust. I flew down from Buffalo airport with a 1 way ticket that cost me $60.00. I spent 6 months looking for what I wanted and bought my 95 for $2000 USD. And that was when the dollar was around 86-88 cents. Total cost including exchange, safety, import/export fees, RIV, having Nissan install the Daytime running light module, Plates, insurance, flight tickets, gas to drive home, blah blah blah, was 3500 CAN. It only has 91000 miles on the Odometer. so under 160km.

If you're not in a hurry, I'd go this route again ANY DAY!

Going the states route definitely doesn't seem like a bad idea, but the one up here has under 100km on it and was turbo diesel. Taking my time and shopping around for the next one, as i plan to have it for some years to come

welcome, i am also pondering a diesel wd21. I might go have a look at that one in burlington for kicks. If it's $8k, that's a bit too much for me, I really want a 94-95 SE with manual trans this time.

There is a guy on the canadian nissan truck club board that is also fond of RHD imports. He's got a very nice 80 series land cruiser.

i asked the aussie and kiwi guys about the pros and cons of a diesel. you can read about it here:

My linkhttp://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=27233

feel free to add to the discussion. Those guys on the southern hemisphere are very helpful for tech and day to day feedback

:itsallgood:

Edited by nige

I just went to checkout that one in burlington, they don't have the advertised one there but did have a similar terrano in blue. Did a quick walk around and looks like its in pretty good condition, frame was just about mint on it.

Did you poke your finger in to her Rear end holes and feel around? :new576: As you probably know they rust from the inside worse then the outside. I've looked at pathy's that had frames that looked spotless until you get a little more personal. Then you find out they are just plain rotten.

The Turbo Diesel is a Big temptation. I can definitely understand.

Good Luck.